News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

[Ratty Driftwood] OOC Discussion/Sign-Up

Started by Faclan, January 12, 2020, 04:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

Alright! How's this for a spiel:

The vicious Corsair Ulrik El-Dinbar, captain of the corsair brig Wraith, has made a lot of enemies in his life. Now he's coming to kill them all. The newly crowned Corsair King is not content to rest on his throne, still stained with the blood of its former occupant. He is out to bring the entirety of the Coastal Marches under his control- starting with a certain mountain stronghold. The conflict will sweep over hares, woodlanders, and pirate crews alike, as they learn the meaning of sacrifice, redemption- and treason.

I figure Mharbrow and Ulrik can have a mutual grudge, which would place our good pirates on the side of the Long Patrol and open up some interesting roleplaying possibilities.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Ebantu the Kararehe

Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Sebias of Redwall

Ooh! That sounds awesome. Looking forward to it.  :)
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

I'm game if everybeast else is. (Faclan in particular) Mharbrow will certainly need to improve a bit before he can face this beast.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Training montage!

Actually though, the next time we set up camp I was gonna have Firestripe do some sparring with somebeast(s), to show that they do actually train.

And I'm down for that idea, Wylder; it's a compelling long term goal.  Short term goal, though, is figuring out how to get our group some provisions  :laugh:.  I'm assuming we aren't going to try and raid another settlement.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

Sparring sounds like fun. I'm up for it. We could also do sparring with Belladonna once she's healed up to help her get back into the move of things.

We might have to raid some more. If we come across any other way, we won't, but I somehow think Elgon might turn out stubborn when it comes to helping us.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Sounds good to me. I just posted, by the way.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Faclan

shisteer of nothing much

Righty ho, sounds good. I just posted and need Wylder to reply, at some point, unless somebeast wants to interrupt me.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Faclan

That plan sounds great! Since there are less crew now there should be less scounging that needs doing so maybe we could forage a little before raiding some woodland vermin camps or something. Then the pirate shows up so we seek out the patrol like 'hes worse than us we already have a deal lets team up' :) - I like it.

Wylder Treejumper

Righty, I'll get something up tonight.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Kade Rivok

Should we also discuss what sort of character arcs we think our characters might have along the way?  If you plan or think that your char could have a significant one, of course  :laugh:
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Wylder Treejumper

Very good. The captain I'm just planning on sidelining for this section to focus on developing Ulrik; he'll probably come back in the end. As for Elgon, his arc is mostly going from an inept humorous blabbermouth to a competent one- putting an inept humorous blabbermouth in a quasi mentor role to a bunch of threatened pirates devoid of a sense of humor (some probably in redemption arcs) is a good opportunity to develop his maturity.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Kade Rivok

Yar, Firestripe is already middle of the road as far as pirates go, so I saw him wanting/attempting to head down a redemptive path.  But, that heavily depends on if it becomes feasible during the course of the story, so we'll see. 
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

I honestly don't know what Mharbrow is going to do.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!