News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Ratty Driftwood

Started by Faclan, January 23, 2020, 02:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shisteer of nothing much

Mharbrow let a small smile grace his features. Impudent little fluff tail. It wasn't exactly what the captain wanted to hear, but he had to admire his bravery. The beast was clearly young and probably quite scared, but he wasn't going to show it.
  "They call me Cap'n Dyemhar."
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

The squirrel blinked. Did the vermin actually just answer his question instead of running him through? His confidence boosted a little, the woodlander said, "M-my name is Robert." He looked around. "What do you plan to do with me?"
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques <br /><br />"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." <br /><br />"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."<br /><br />~JRR Tolkien<br /><br />Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

The captain's smile vanished without a trace as he gave the squirrel a light poke with his dagger, not hard enough to pierce the skin but firm enough to remind the beast to stay respectful. He gestured to a large tree at the edge of camp, near Belladonna's stretcher.
  "That remains to be seen. For now, you're going to sit nicely beside that tree and be very quiet. See that vixen, there? She doesn't like squirrels, at all. She's also in a bit of pain, which makes her grumpy. Disturb her and you'll wish you were never born."

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

Robert bobbed his head. "Alright, sir," he said. Robert's breath stopped for a heartbeat as he caught sight of his dagger lying on the ground barely a whisker away from him. It must've fallen from his belt in his fall. He slowly stepped on it, hiding it from view. "I hurt myself in the fall..." he said, bending down and pretending to rub his lower footpaw. "Do you have a healer?"

(OOC: Robert is going to try to grab it and maybe hide it in his shirt or something.)
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques <br /><br />"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." <br /><br />"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."<br /><br />~JRR Tolkien<br /><br />Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

Mharbrow glanced over at Belladonna, who appeared to have finally gone to sleep.
  "I do have a healer but... I don't think it would be a good idea to disturb her right now. You don't appear to be badly hurt, so you should be able to wait a while. Pass your footpaw over here and I'll have a look at it."
  He'd watched Belladonna at work hundreds of times, surely it couldn't be too hard, though why he was willing to help his prisoner was a mystery to him. Maybe it had something to do with the squirrelmaid who had saved them at the village.
  Shrugging the matter aside, the fox bent down and gently grabbed the young beast's footpaw.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

"Ah, ah, ah! On second thought, it's fine!" Robert flailed his paws in the air, firmly keeping his foot planted on the knife.

shisteer of nothing much

The captain lifted an eyebrow, his paw still around the beast's ankle.
  "Are you sure? It might be something serious."
  Now that the squirrel was making a big deal about it, Mharbrow was curious as to what he was up to. He seemed to be hiding something.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

"I'd rather not have some uncivilized brute - er," he coughed, "Th-that is, uncivilized beast mess around with my wound. Really, I'm fine!" Robert's brain seemed to be pulling in multiple directions at once as he tried to think of something. "Ah, c-captain, I have a confession to make."

Kade Rivok

(OOC: @Masika sorry for the delay)

Firestripe let out a wide grin at the pair.  "Wonderful then.  Our campsite isn't far from here actually; I was just checking the perimeter when I came across you two.  This way."  He said, gesturing for Maut and Veach to follow him.  After a short walk, he pushed through some brush and found himself back in the camp with a scene he hadn't been expecting playing out before him.  There was a squirrel, of all creatures, now amongst them, and the captain was... grabbing at the creatures ankle?  A bemused expression plastered across his face, the large fox strode up from behind the squirrel and peered over the beasts shoulder down at the captain.

"So, uh, captain... did you make a new friend here?  So did I."
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Mara the Wolf

Maut took in the group. There was a convalescent vixen off to the side, a stoat, a few rats, and some kinda marten digging graves, a Long Patrol hare in the group, and a green fox grabbing a bound squirrel's footpaw.

"Well, this is somethin', eh Veach?"

The stoat knew something was off with the squirrel, but he wasn't going anywhere near there, figuring it was a lot safer beside Maut.
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

Faclan

Oh Hellgates the fox wanted him to fight now? Whyyyy? He had plenty of other fighting beasts around did he have too? But the look in his eyes made it obvious that there was no choice here. So Tul started to get up. Assuming that the fox just didn't want him to be a liability of a fight should break out. Give the rat a bit of spine so if the time called for it he could swing and likely be a bit more loyal to those that trained him.

Or something.

Before a Squirrel almost impaled himself on the sword that was being offered to him. Tul mostly just staring but staying where he was at this played out. Especially after the huge fox showed back up. Best not to cause a scene as he and Tormbo just watched this from the sidelines.

Ebantu the Kararehe

Belladonna's ear twitched and she half opened one eye. Why did everybeast have to be so loud? she asked herself irritably. Her other eye opened completely and she propped herself up on one elbow to survey the small crown gathered around Captain Dyemhar. There were several beasts she didn't recognise, including a fox, a stoat and a squirrel of all things. Her head began to ache and she opened her mouth to snap at them all to shut up. However, the vixen remembered Mharbrow reaction last time she had spoken to him like that and took a deep breath.
"Will somebeast please stop nattering long enough to tell me what's going on?" she demanded, trying to keep her voice even.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

Mharbrow transferred his grip back to Robert's collar, letting out a tired sigh. He really needed some sleep, as did the rest if the crew. Everybeast was worn out, physically and mentally.
  "You could say that. This squirrel was spying on us, for some reason. Probably employed by the Long Patrol, but he keeps denying that he was spying at all, so that's no help. Regardless, we can't let him go and report back to whoever he's working for, so he's staying. Who're your friends?"
  He'd have a chat with the squirrel later, in a bit more privacy. Apparently there were more strangers that needed to be dealt with.
  Not looking at the vixen, Dyemhar gave her a brief summary of what appeared to have happened.
  "I've caught a squirrel spy, Keelteeth's navigator has agreed to join the crew and Firestripe found some visitors. You need rest. Go back to sleep and we'll try to keep the noise down."

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

"The name's Maut," the silver fox introduced himself. "This 'ere's Veach." He indicated to the stoat at his side. "We're mercenaries. We were looking fer a new job when we stumbled inta Firestripe."
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

shisteer of nothing much

Mharbrow gave Maut a grim smile, holding his left paw out to the other fox, his right paw taken up with holding his prisoner.
  "Ah, so I assume he's recruited you, then? Excellent! I'm Captain Mharbrow PhantomPaint, but you can call me Cap'n Dyemhar. We've been rather out of luck as of late. I'm glad to see things looking up."
  While the captain spoke, he studied both creatures up and down. They looked fit enough and didn't seem too shifty, though the stoat had a more vacant expression than the average beast and it was strange that he walked on all fours.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!