News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Summer Time Roleplaying

Started by DanielofRedwall, March 06, 2020, 04:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shisteer of nothing much

Teer grinned nervously, looking at the young one in the otterbadgermother's paws.
"You're not going to throw Booklover, are you?"
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

A joyous look crossed the Otterbadgermother's features.  "But of course!  What kind of beast would I be to deny a babe their fun?  Needless to say, I won't use as much strength as last time.  Now, watch closely."

Kadette then reared back once more, carefully holding Booklover in his paw, and fluidly moved his arm and body together, launching the Dibbun with another baritone, bone-rattling shout.  "VICTORY OR DEATH!"

Booklover flew forth and skipped across the pond multiple times before ending her journey safely in a soft bush on the other side of the water.  The Otterbadgermother wiped his brow in mock relief, switching back to his fake falsetto.  "There, you see?  Nothing to it!"
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

Teer blinked several times, then grabbed a rock and brought it high above her head, taking a deep breath before bellowing the challenge at the top of her lungs.
"NOT VICTORY, DEATH!"
So saying, she hurled the rock into the water, sending up a huge splash and overbalancing in the process, creating another splash as she fell back into the water. Getting to her paws, Teer looked at the otterbadgermother hopefully.
"Did I do it right?"

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Kadette pulled a towel out from somewhere and dried Teer off with it.  "Very close, darling.  Your form was nice, but you lost control a bit at the end.  Also, you probably need to work on your warcry a tad." 

The Otterbadgermother put the towel away as he finished drying the small Taniwha.  "There, good as new."  He said warmly.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

"That was fun!" Booklover cried. "Can I go again?" She ran as fast as her small footpaws would carry her back round the pond.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

shisteer of nothing much

Teer shook her scales back into place and grabbed another stone, frowning as she tried to think of a way to improve her warcry.
"Maybe I should just make one up. Oooh, I know what it should be."
Lifting the rock above her head, she slammed it down into the pond, yelling at the top of her voice.
"BOILED TURNIPS AND NETTLE BROTH!!!"
Her arms windmilled a bit but she managed to stay upright this time, grinning as she watched the huge splash, then the ripples as the water settled again.
"Did I do it right this time?"

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

"Teer, stop or there will be no water left in the pond!" Ebantu shouted as she scrabbled backwards out of the water and onto dry land. She shook herself thoroughly and glared with disapproval at the taniwha. "Seriously. I was having a nice time until that happened."
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

The young taniwha smiled apologetically at her friend, her eyes twinkling.
"Deepest apologies, Eb. I think you're exaggerating a fair bit about the water in the pond though. I'm not doing that well."
Teer looked around for another rock, picking a suitable one from the ground and hefting it experimentally.
"This is fun."

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

With a sigh, Ebantu picked up a wide stick that was lying on the ground nearby and sat down. She pulled a small knife from her pocket and began whittling away at the soft bark, humming quietly as she worked.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

And until we meet again,

One-Eye the wildcat

One-Eye was still asleep. Even with the disturbingly loud noises happening around him, the lanky feline remained in "dreamland"
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

shisteer of nothing much

Smiling, Teer put the rock down gently and sat down, dangling her paws in the cool water. She only lasted for a few seconds before she jumped up again, her eyes bright with enthusiasm.
"I'm going to see if I can climb the Abbey walls."

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Ebantu instantly dropped the stick and rushed after Shisteer, pocketing her knife as she ran. "Teer! Wait for me!" The small wildcat caught up with her friend and jumped onto her back. "Onward!"
  A sudden though struck her and she dropped to the ground. "We should see if there's any raidable food in the kitchen afterwards." she whispered to the taniwha.

And until we meet again,

shisteer of nothing much

Teer grinned and increased her pace to the wall, an excited grin on her face.
"Yes! In my experience, all food is raidable food. Let's get started already before somebeast tries to stop us."
So saying, the taniwha found a few decent pawholds and began her assent.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

A rock zipped through the air and thudded into the stone wall just above Teer with a crack.  Smiling winningly, the Otterbadgermother called out to the rambunctious duo, tossing another rock up and down in his paw. 

"Now now, dearies.  Young 'uns aren't allowed on the walls or ramparts!  You should probably get down before somethng... terrible happens."
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

Teer froze as the rock hit the wall and splintered, carefully going over her options. It was either come down, miss fun and probably be on dishes duty for the entire season for trying, or keep going, incur the otterbadgermother's wrath, be on dishes duty for the next four seasons and have a huge amount of fun anyway. Doing dishes wasn't that bad and, if anything terrible happened, as the otterbadgermother suggested, she could always use her wings.
Her decision made, Teer continued up the wall as fast as she could, gaining the halfway mark a lot quicker than she had been expecting. No turning back now. The young taniwha grinned with excitement and kept climbing.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!