News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Wylder and Seb's Tol Club

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 08, 2020, 09:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 14, 2020, 03:15:38 PM
Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on May 13, 2020, 11:18:16 PM
*shakes head* Why would you watch the short versions? They skip all the best parts.
Yes, the tol versions are far superior!

Really though, the extended editions are much better.
AGREED.

Quote from: Corporal Rubbadub on May 14, 2020, 04:26:55 PM
QuotePosted by: Corporal Rubbadub
May 13, 2020, 03:53:38 PM
don't think so, maybe
i don't know which version i watched
it was 3 hrs. long, is that short version or long?
Hmm. Probably extended.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Wylder Treejumper

BREAKING NEWS: Treebeard bests other famous LoTR characters in 'tolness' ratings
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Sebias of Redwall

What about the rock giants? And Smaug?

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Wylder Treejumper

We're not counting the rock giants, because they're not in the movies, and that's all most of the poor, uneducated public knows. And Smaug is from the Hobbit, but is dead by the Lord of the Rings, so he doesn't count.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Sebias of Redwall

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Wylder Treejumper

Technically he doesn't have a physical form- and how can you measure the height of something immaterial? He can't be tol if he doesn't exist in space.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Sebias of Redwall

Are you sure Treebeard is the tallest ent, though?

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Wylder Treejumper

Even if there were other, taller ents, they don't have the *presence* that Treebeard does, being an important character and all. Tolness is not solely a measure of physical height, it is a psychological impression.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Sebias of Redwall

Hmm... And trolls are smaller than ents, I'm pretty sure... Hmm...

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Wylder Treejumper

No doubt about it, Treebeard is the tolest.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Sebias of Redwall

*Shrugs* I guess so. Congrats, Treebeard.  :laugh:

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Corporal Rubbadub

Sebias of Redwall

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 14, 2020, 10:43:48 PM
Even if there were other, taller ents, they don't have the *presence* that Treebeard does, being an important character and all. Tolness is not solely a measure of physical height, it is a psychological impression.
Sauron's psychological impression well made up for the fact he had no physical form.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 14, 2020, 10:38:40 PM
Technically he doesn't have a physical form- and how can you measure the height of something immaterial? He can't be tol if he doesn't exist in space.
Well, actually; he does, just in the movies he's an eye, but in the books, he looks like a dark elf
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱