News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Saddest Redwall Book

Started by Tiria Wildlough, December 06, 2011, 02:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Deynas' awesomer!  ;D (This is off-topic)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

I don't think Deyna's awesome. Also, we're off topic.

Saddest Redwall book, everyone?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Capn Greypatch

Well, like I said before, Outcast has gotta be one of the saddest...Skalrlath and Veil's death...very sad! :(
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

W0NWILL

The only Redwall book that moves me to tears every time I read it is Loamhedge, I didn't even cry at Rose's death. Maybe a little bit. I won't say who died in Loamhedge for fear of spoiling it. I think everyone knows that Rose dies.

Tiria Wildlough

The only time I had tears in my eyes was the part in Bellmaker where Blaggut returns Mother Mellus's badger cup. That part was so sad.
I'm not a hipster.

Felldoh154

Basically all of them are sad (all I can think of at least one main character dies) the saddest for me is Luke the warrior and Martin the warrior

MatthiasMan

Luke The Warrior and Martin the W. Obviously.

Tiria Wildlough

That part in The Legend of Luke where the Goreleech crashes is sad too. You can only imagine how Martin felt. :(
I'm not a hipster.

Felldoh154

Mr. J is good at making me love his characters than killing them and making me sad :( he does it in nearly every book

W0NWILL

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 09, 2012, 01:37:06 AM
That part in The Legend of Luke where the Goreleech crashes is sad too. You can only imagine how Martin felt. :(

The Legend of Luke is sad as well, second only to Loamhedge.
I wrote a fanfiction where Luke survives the Goreleech. It's called The Warrior Lives On.

General Ironbeak

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on December 06, 2011, 07:27:29 AM.

Mattimeo... It is also a constantly sad novel, with the rescuers always getting so close to the stolen children, but then losing it.

Eh, I didn't find that sad. I mean, you've still got so much of a book left, you expect them to be rescued right then? Plus, it's so much more epic ending the story at the destination of the underground.

I know, I'm just looking at it like it's a story. I'm sorry.

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on December 06, 2011, 07:27:29 AM. Also, just the storyline is a bit depressing, with children being stolen as revenge. And then there is the part where Queen Warbeak and Log-a-Log dies...

Those were seperate instances, though. Warbeak's effected me far more, since she was always a favorite of mine...

Delthion

The saddest one for m was Pearls of Lutra, I don't even know why, but it depressed me for several days afterwards.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rosey

Martin the Warrior was very sad because both Rose of Noonvale and Feldoah die......... :'(
Rosey -
Ever tried Redwall nutbread???  If not PM me... It will change your morning life :)

Hickory

I pretty much never even got wet eyes in any book. So what? Call me heartless.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

Pearls of Lutra hands down. The storyline itself is depressing, with so many dying justfor six pink pearls for a pine marten.  :'( This is an episode that has repeated itself many times in history, and that is why I'll always think The Pearls Of Lutra was one of the best books in the series.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.