LOCK THIS TOPIC, FELLOWS (MOLDY PUPPETS ATTACK WITH THEIR CLAWS & TEETH)

Started by The Shadow of Korriban, September 06, 2020, 11:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUR BEST WAR CRY?

LONG LIVE OUR BABY CRIES!!!
2 (9.5%)
FOR SPIRIT, SOUL, DEATH AND MIGHT!!!
3 (14.3%)
FOR POWER GLORY AND MEMORIES!
0 (0%)
Duck.
16 (76.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

Oh. Ummm. I'll try.

The pronunciation doesn't matter: the meaning does. And I think over time, when people repeat something again and again, it will lose meaning. So when you say something (whether it's amen or something like thank you), rather than thinking about the words think about the meaning behind them and the reason you're saying them, and then why that's the reason. Because surely these things should be said confidently, honestly, and in a way that will be appreciated by the person you're saying it to. But you shouldn't just use words to demonstrate thanks, or anything else, you should use actions as well.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

At a church I used to go to sometimes, they'd sometimes do a 'musical amen', where, starting with your little finger, you'd touch.your fingers of both hands together while saying/sort of singing amen and you'd end with a double thumbs up. It's hard to explain, really.

Kade Rivok

That's... imteresting.  My church, though weird in it's own way, doesn't do anything like that :giggle:
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

I think it was for the interest of the young children.

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Flib Bigboat

Quote from: Booklover on November 04, 2021, 06:16:23 PM
At a church I used to go to sometimes, they'd sometimes do a 'musical amen', where, starting with your little finger, you'd touch.your fingers of both hands together while saying/sort of singing amen and you'd end with a double thumbs up. It's hard to explain, really.
Imteresting.
At my church, one of the altar servers will come out and get everyone to say "Amen" during the consecration of the gifts. For some reason, most of the people there are rather shy about doing so. :giggle:
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

We don't do that.

We do have this one song sometimes that's the blessing from Numbers (May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace) and then it has a bit where you sing amen.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Flib Bigboat

Imteresting.
What denomination are you? Me and Hazel are Serbian Eastern Orthodox.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

We're kinda... not part of a denomination. Currently going to a cooperating parish that's a mix of Presbyterian and Methodist.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Non-denominational for me as well, but I go to a Baptist church. We go because it's convenient and had good stuff for children/teenagers (still does now, but that was more relevant then than it is now, when I'm the only one in my family under eighteen).

shisteer of nothing much

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Flib Bigboat

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!