News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Wildflower Inn OOC Discussion/Sign-Up

Started by Mara the Wolf, October 31, 2020, 01:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quest: Go After a Slaver Band, Which Turns Into a Fight Against Searats

Yes
8 (88.9%)
No
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: December 14, 2020, 05:09:11 PM

WorshipTiria

Sorry I didn't see this! I will get to work on that.
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Flib Bigboat

I will keep thinking. Also, Hazel is my little sister, and we can help each other out maybe, so you don't have to get so upset, Masika. We are all trying.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

I ain't trying Flib. It's just that I've asked WorshipTiria twice to work on his character, and he only just recently did so, after I @'d him a third time.

And honestly, I've been RPing for two years now on an almost daily basis over on FFn, and honestly, you'd think even brand-new RPers would at least know to check the rules first, ask before jumping into an RP, maybe stop and think, "Hey, would I like it if some random stranger came and jumped into my story/game, claimed they were related or in a relationship with my characters when neither me nor my characters know them, and/or derailed my plot?", but no, newbies seem to forget common manners simply because it's on the Internet.

I wasn't perfect starting out, no one is, but you'd think people would at least read the rules and show a little manners, and think their characters through. Just because RPing is technically creating a story, people forget it's also a game, and no one likes dealing with boring, one-dimensional, flat characters or overpowered characters who constantly try to make the story all about them. This is playing pretend, just text-based and on the Internet. You'd think people would realize to play fairly, ask to join, etc., but they don't. And it gets annoying that every newbie makes these mistakes simply because it's on the Internet.

I'm sorry for this rant, but really, this happens with every single newbie I encounter.
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

Dannflower Reguba

Out of curiosity, would anybeast be interested in a writing lesson? We've got several young, new players here, and Masika, you also asked me a question on your most recent character. Given that not everyone can use Discord, I could stream the lesson on Twitch. Doesn't have to be anything too complicated, some simple tips on character creation, typical mistakes to try and avoid, how to make your writing come alive, simple stuff (that'll carry you quite far I might add). I've been RP'ing for 7 years, and it's one of the primary factors that taught me how to communicate strongly with others.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Mara the Wolf

I've never used Twitch. Is it like YouTube?
Fursonas:

Dannflower Reguba

Twitch is streaming service, the most used one to date as far as I'm aware. Viewers can use a text chat that everyone can see during the stream.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ebantu the Kararehe

Quote from: Dannflower Reguba on December 09, 2020, 10:45:22 PM
       Out of curiosity, would anybeast be interested in a writing lesson? We've got several young, new players here, and Masika, you also asked me a question on your most recent character. Given that not everyone can use Discord, I could stream the lesson on Twitch. Doesn't have to be anything too complicated, some simple tips on character creation, typical mistakes to try and avoid, how to make your writing come alive, simple stuff (that'll carry you quite far I might add). I've been RP'ing for 7 years, and it's one of the primary factors that taught me how to communicate strongly with others.
I might be interested.

Also while we're talking about characters, I want to apologise for not writing Fern and Mayla's histories. I am rubbish at writing histories without writing a whole story and it's something I need to work on.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

WorshipTiria

Quote from: Dannflower Reguba on December 09, 2020, 10:45:22 PM

That would be extremely helpful.
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

The Grey Coincidence

Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Jarky Thistlebrush

Quote from: Masika on December 09, 2020, 05:52:38 PM
@Dannflower Reguba @Jarky Thistlebrush @Vizireian
Send your characters over to the Inn if you wish to join in the quest (if it gets enough votes, but it looks like it will).
I will soon, I just feel like I have to wait for @Ebantu the Kararehe to reply to my post...
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

MathLuk

So... what could be done here? Could I join, and what would happen if I could?
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

Mara the Wolf

Of course you can join, @MathLuk! Anyone can join so long as they follow the rules!

...You did read the rules, right? It's the very first post.
Fursonas:

MathLuk

Nothing a quick visit to the first page won't fix. I'll think of a character then. Hopefully quickly.
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

Ebantu the Kararehe

Quote from: Jarky Thistlebrush on December 11, 2020, 02:13:26 AM
Quote from: Masika on December 09, 2020, 05:52:38 PM
@Dannflower Reguba @Jarky Thistlebrush @Vizireian
Send your characters over to the Inn if you wish to join in the quest (if it gets enough votes, but it looks like it will).
I will soon, I just feel like I have to wait for @Ebantu the Kararehe to reply to my post...
Sorry, I've been busy. ^-^ I'll do that now.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.