Wildflower Inn

Started by Mara the Wolf, October 31, 2020, 11:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mara the Wolf

Mara dropped the rat onto the floor. "We've had nastybeasts, they jus' knew not to insult an' pick fights wit' the hosts," she sneered, now almost like a high-ranking officer. "There's plenty of fights on the various quests we host." She looked to Harlapple. "If'n ya like 'im so much, keep 'im...and keep 'im outta trouble. You two!" she barked at Nitsyok and Splash. "Hand his weapons over to Masika. 'e's not t' get 'em back while 'e's inside the Inn. That's an order." She looked to Seatar. "A bit rich, comin' from you, lass. I see many beasts here that most would call vermin. Him, Nyika an' her companions there," she gestured to Nyika, Mayla, Fern, and Isaac, "Maut an' Veach on the steps there, me...you..."
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

WorshipTiria

"Got it."

She leaves and comes back with the crossbow, and hands it to Masika.

"Here you go."
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Crafter Man

Roughtail straightened up as he was put down, using both paws to flatten his ruffled up wool coat before flattening his head fur with his right paw.  He avoided eye contact with the wolf who had utterly humiliated him in front of the entire inn and now reduced him to a defenseless kit by all standards.  The rat watched with resentment as Splash handed the otter inn keeper his crossbow.  It looked to be in good shape and it still had the three bolts stowed in the undercarriage which he'd built into the shaft of the weapon, an addition that he prided himself on.  Giving the weapon one final look, Roughtail walked over to the table where Olaf was sitting and downed a pint, this time taking care to place the cup down gently.  Any good mood that he'd had before was all but annihilated and he only drank with hopes of drowning out his embarrassment.  He reached for another pint of Ale. 

Flib Bigboat

Seatar shook her head at Mara's comment. "That ain't what I meant. Somebeasts may call ya a vermin, cause yer a wolf, but ya don't act like a vermin." There was no point in explaining, Mara would have to figure it out herself. And there also wasn't any point in arguing, so she let it drop and went over to a table near a corner. Ranala followed her. "Are you angry?" the squirrel whispered. She herself was a little scared.
"Nah, not really. Just sorta upset..."
Ranala nodded. Somebeasts never really understand. Just because Seatar was born a ferret didn't mean she liked being cruel to others like most ferrets did.

(OOC: For some reason, most of my posts begin with Seatar and end with Ranala. My. apologies, it's hard to manage two characters at the same time.)
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

(OOC: Perfectly fine, Flib. I keep forgetting about Nyika and Maut. You don't have to make a character do something if they're not doing anything important.)

"Alright, show's over folks," the wolf barked before heading into the kitchen.

Masika came over to Ranala and Seatar's table. "Anything you'd like? There's salad, and we've got deeper'n'ever pie and shrimp and hotroot soup cooking."

"Well, definitely an interesting night, eh Veach?" Maut said to his stoat companion.
Fursonas:

Flib Bigboat

"Oh, shrimp'n'hotroot soup? I ain't had that in a long time!" Ranala smiled at Masika. "I'll leave some for ye, though. I never knew a otter that didn't like hotroot!"
"Er, I think I'll have some too. Is it spicy?" ventured the ferret.
"Nothin' spicier in all o' Mossflower Woods, Seatar!" Ranala warned her friend. "Are ye sure ye want it?"
"If I didn't I'd say so!" Seatar told her. "Two hotroot soups then, please!" She was starting to feel better already.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

WorshipTiria

Splash hear about Hotroot soup.

"Could I have some as well?"

Jarky Thistlebrush

Isaac sat back in his chair, happily sipping his recently stolen strawberry fizz. At the mention of hotroot soup, however, his eyes widened in shock. "Hotroot soup?! No! NO! I will not allow it! Oh, please, somebody tell me you were joking about the hotroot soup," he spluttered, strawberry fizz forgotten.
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Ebantu the Kararehe

Mayla resumed her place at the table. "You don't like hotroot soup? It's not my favourite, but I do like it. Though," she laughed, "It is necessary to have a large tankard of something close to paw."
  Fern sheathed her dagger and sat beside her friend. "I'm with you, Mr Larkington. I can't stand spicy things."
  Mayla raised her eyebrows in mock astonishment. "She talks! You must feel really at home here, Fern."
  The smaller wildcat shrugged. "It's not to bad," she stifled a yawn. "I'm looking forward to my bed, though."
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Jarky Thistlebrush

Isaac looked anxiously at the two. "You... you agree?" They really seemed to be warming to him. He smiled toothily and puffed out his chest. "I mean, I'm glad you agree. It's certainly lovely to know you share my opinion." The fox leaned in. "Besides, it means that there's a table in this inn free of that mangy stuff. Oh, and you may call me Isaac the Fourth, if you like."
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Mara the Wolf

"Certainly, dearies," Masika said to three wanting hotroot soup.

Nyika shrugged. "It may be extra-spicy, but I love the shrimp. Although, crayfish is arguably better."

(OOC: Before anyone asks, crayfish are small lobster-looking crustaceans that live near rivers and streams and such. Yes, they can be found in Europe, including the British Isles. Yes, I've had them once. The meat looks like grey shrimp, and they taste just like shrimp (at least cooked; never eat raw crayfish), but just a bit chewier.)
Fursonas:

WorshipTiria

"Hotroot soup is hotroot soup and always delicious"

The Grey Coincidence

Harlapple gave the rat a look of disgust. "I wouldn't advise you to drink. You're foolish enough sober, and nobeast ever wisened up on alchohol. Picking a fight with a wolf." The mouse shook his head from side to side in disbelief.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Crafter Man

"She attacked me first."  Roughtail grumbled to himself, snout buried in his crossed arms as he rested on the table top.  Foolish t' drink? The only smart thing I've done since gettin' 'ere was load up on ale an' vittles.  The sea rat suddenly had the urge to go, not uncommon for him after drinking. He gave his new mouse friend a lethargic pat on the shoulder, "I'm mighty tired mate, why don't ya find out which room's ours.  I'm goin' outside t' take a leak, duty calls."  With that, Roughtail stood up and grabbed a piece of bread, shoving it in his snout before turning towards the door to the inn and making his way over to it. 

The Grey Coincidence

Rolling his eyes at his newfound companion's sudden call of nature, Harlapple made his way over to the bar. "So, which room are we staying in?"
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!