"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Wildflower Inn

Started by Mara the Wolf, October 31, 2020, 11:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flib Bigboat

Quote from: Masika on November 13, 2020, 06:57:23 PM
Mara answered the door. "Hello, welcome to Wildflower Inn."
Two travelers stood outside the door, dripping wet with the rain. A ferret and a squirrel.
"Can we stay here for the night?" the ferret asked. "We ain't got us a lotta money, but I'll pay ya for a room an' some vittles, if'n it's all right wid yer. Me name's Seatar, an' this here's Ranala."
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

"Come on in, come on in," the wolf said as she let the two in. "Masika! Another two!"

The otter in question huffed as she set down the trays of stew, bread, and October Ale (and strawberry fizz for Harlapple). "On it, on it." The otter headed into the kitchen, hoping they wouldn't run out of food for tonight.

The wolf turned back to the two. "As ya can see, we're pretty busy tonight. You'll have to be willing to share a bedroom wit' some of the other lasses."

Nyika scoffed at Isaac. "Yer not just a dandy, yer a bloomin' idiot. These two came in after ya introduced yerself, ya dunce."
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

Jarky Thistlebrush

"That's no excuse," Isaac snapped.
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Ebantu the Kararehe

"Please, let's not quibble," Mayla shook Isaac's paw firmly. "A pleasure to meet you, Mr Larkington. Tell me, what brings you to Wildflower Inn?" Her odd-coloured eyes sparkled as she grinned sideways at Nyika.
  Fern coughed as the fox's perfume found its way under her cowl. She wrinkled her nose in distaste. It wasn't an unpleasant smell, it was just too strong for her liking. She wasn't fond of Isaac's manner either.
  "I'll thank you to watch your tone when speaking to my companion," the wildcat spoke softly, but made sure to add a growl of warning.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Jarky Thistlebrush

Isaac blinked. Had he been rude? No matter, there was time to fix it."Apologies if I offended you, madam. As for what brings me here?" Isaac's mind raced to think of a good lie. Anybeast here might be an agent sent to bring news of him back to his family. "I, er, was bored." So much for a good lie.
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Mara the Wolf

Nyika rolled her eyes at Isaac. "I've been deliverin' food from my hometown t' here fer months now, but I've always longed t' see the lands myself, have adventures... And this place provides exactly tha'," she said with a grin.
Fursonas:

Crafter Man

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on November 13, 2020, 07:47:20 PM
Harlapple raised an eyebrow at the rat's words and leaned in, the better to join in on the conspiracy. "Someplace red? Redwall Abbey, eh? Crown jewel of woodlanders everywhere, the most prized conquest in our existence and the bane of every horde, vermin and corsair. Sounds like you had a stroke of luck, falling overboard when you did. I wouldn't be too surprised if we hear about this... Toothsbane..." Harl wondered briefly whether the pirate had been the bane of his own teeth, or those of his enemies. "Being slain in a fortnight or two." Harlapple shrugged. "In any case he sounds inconsequential." Harlapple lowered his voice even further. "Now. Let's see what we can do about getting your weapons back."

For some reason, hearing another beast call his captain "inconsequential" bit into his ego, but the rat refrained from making any retort.  At the mention of retrieving his weapons, Roughtail eyed the otters wearily before realizing and quickly wiping any doubt off his features. "I've a few ideas" he said simply, being a searat for 15 seasons taught him a thing or two about stealing.  Just as Roughtail was considering his options, two newcomers arrived.  A brushtail and a ferret. The ferret looked like a sea vermin herself and Roughtail smiled at her arrival.  Finally things were taking a turn for the best.  As for the bushtail, she didn't look like anything special.  Probably a slave of the ferret if he had to guess.  He banged a closed fist on the table and shouted at the back of the otter innkeeper as she walked back into the kitchen, "Bring me and me new messmate 'ere a couple more pints of ale would ya!"

Mara the Wolf

(OOC: @Crafter Man, pay attention to everyone's posts, not just the ones interacting with your OCs. Just five posts back [not counting this one] I posted:
QuoteThe otter in question huffed as she set down the trays of stew, bread, and October Ale (and strawberry fizz for Harlapple). "On it, on it." The otter headed into the kitchen, hoping they wouldn't run out of food for tonight.
)
Fursonas:

Crafter Man

Quote from: Masika on November 14, 2020, 10:29:44 AM
(OOC: @Crafter Man, pay attention to everyone's posts, not just the ones interacting with your OCs. Just five posts back [not counting this one] I posted:
QuoteThe otter in question huffed as she set down the trays of stew, bread, and October Ale (and strawberry fizz for Harlapple). "On it, on it." The otter headed into the kitchen, hoping they wouldn't run out of food for tonight.
)

OOC: I know, I did pay attention to all the posts.  The idea I was going for was that Roughtail shouted as the otter was going back into the kitchen, hence the phrase "shouted at the back of the otter innkeeper," the implication there being that she was walking back into the kitchen like you said.  I'll add something to make that more clear, probably something along the lines of "-as she walked back into the kitchen" or something like that.  Sorry for any confusion.  Also Roughtail is a prolific drinker (quite proud of it as well) so he was calling for more before he had even started the ones brought out.  I think I forgot the word "more"  my apologies for that.   

Mara the Wolf

Masika grumbled at the rat's attitude as she got another two more pints of ale and started cooking other foods, as she was scraping the bottom of the pot (somewhat literally) of the stew. She slammed the pints on Roughtail's table, not caring that some of it splashed onto the table. She was quite tempted to pour it on his head. "I think ye could stand t' learn a little manners, sea scum," she growled. "'Fore I decide t' toss ya out on yer tail...without any weapons."
Fursonas:

Crafter Man

Roughtail Smiled toothily at the Otter as she slammed the pints of ale in front of him.  "Feisty one ain't she"  Roughtail said to Olaf with a half hearted laugh that only served to cover up his mild concern at her threat.  Pushing the strawberry fizz aside with a dissatisfied sniff, Roughtail handed the mouse a pint of October Ale before downing his own pint in one gulp and smashing the cup onto the table.  "Now that's a drink me 'earties!" He shouted boisterously before grabbing another pint. 

Mara the Wolf

Masika growled as she cleaned up the glass. Mara smiled at Seatar and Ranala. "Pardon me, ladies." The wolf then slunk behind Roughtail and brought a paw down, aimed right between the rat's ears. "Ya know pay fer ev'rythin' ya break, don'tcha, ya lousy, drunken vermin?" Despite her pleasant, almost casual tone, she was grinning sadistically at the rat.
Fursonas:

WorshipTiria

Splash walks out of her room ( without the crossbow ) .

"May I have some soup? I know I already had some but I have more coins."

She sees the scene.

"Oh deer."
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Crafter Man

Roughtail nearly bit off his tongue as a massive furred paw came crashing down on his head, making him spill a decent portion of ale over his wool coat.  Growling, Roughtail stood up and faced the black wolf who towered over him.  Thats the second time a beast has attacked me in this stupid Inn.  Roughtail wasn't about to be made a fool, he knew how this worked; no one would respect him if he let a beast hit him without retaliating.  In a flash, Roughtail grabbed one of the shards of glass and went for the Wolf's ankle.

Mara the Wolf

"We're outta stew, sweetie," Masika said apologetically as she passed. "I've made salad, an' I've got some hotroot soup an' deeper'n'ever pie cooking right now, though."

The wolf saw his paw go for the glass and she quickly stepped back. She then swung her claws at his face.
Fursonas: