Main Menu

THE DAWN OF A NEW ERA - THE PORTAL

Started by Captain Wortshire, November 06, 2020, 12:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WorshipTiria

I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Captain Wortshire

There was no retcon...

You should have paid a bit more attention...

First of all, I've been talking in italics... (very annoying since I had a hard time putting emphasis on certain posts...)

Secondly, I have shown a disdain for fire but...
Quote from: Captain Wortshire on July 24, 2020, 06:14:16 AM
*lights napkin on fire with zippo*
Quote from: Captain Wortshire on August 07, 2020, 08:51:31 PM

Third, I fired the Tesso... Why would the Captain ever do that for?

Also, I might add... The Captain never had powers of his own... When he wanted something done, he would summon something to do it for him...

Plus, what would you have me do? Open a portal in several areas?

*The Shadows have wandered off to eat other topics...*
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

WorshipTiria

Please do not attack the pics topic. That one is pure.

Verdauga

Quote from: Captain Wortshire on November 12, 2020, 11:18:26 PM
There was no retcon...

You should have paid a bit more attention...

First of all, I've been talking in italics... (very annoying since I had a hard time putting emphasis on certain posts...)

Secondly, I have shown a disdain for fire but...
Quote from: Captain Wortshire on July 24, 2020, 06:14:16 AM
Quote from: Captain Wortshire on August 07, 2020, 08:51:31 PM

Third, I fired the Tesso... Why would the Captain ever do that for?

Also, I might add... The Captain never had powers of his own... When he wanted something done, he would summon something to do it for him...

Plus, what would you have me do? Open a portal in several areas?

*The Shadows have wandered off to eat other topics...*
How do you expect this yo actually mean anything? For adding specialties to texts, Skarzs used to post in a separate font, and Søren used... blue? Indigo? Navy?-- for his posts, so special FX means nothing. Second, I have seen little evidence for your disdain for fire, amd even so, how could you argue that you simply weren't in the mood for it? Using a cleaver does not show a disdain for the use of guns. It simply did not benefit those situations.
Third,  the Tesso have been less than effective in quite a few endeavours, so firing them could be an expedient maneuvre.
Fourth, as for the captain not having his own powers, one could not only argue that summoning is in fact a power, but could argue that this was a portion of the retcon. I did not always have a cleaver, did not always investigate, and did not always have the power of teleportation. Who is to say that the captain hasn't changed as well?
Also, did you not hear me, or are you not powerful enough to open a portal anywhere? The subway system underneath Hecttaville would have served as an excellent forward base, yet you neglected to use it. A tactical faux pas.
Prove you aren't the captain. Show him to me.

(OOC: I'm just imagining this guy in a greatcoat and hat mouthing off to a demon. ;D)
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Sebias of Redwall

*Has been live-streaming this entire thread. Uses Mjolnir to crack a rot beer open and fries some bacon with lightning*
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

WorshipTiria

Sebias of Redwall

Ooh! Grab a seat.  ^-^ *Waves sign that says "Chaos" on it in little words*
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

WorshipTiria

Ebantu the Kararehe

Verdauga and Kade are honestly so funny when they get chatting.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Captain Wortshire

First, the captain normally wouldn't put in more effort when posting... (Almost every time over the last month, I had to add Italics to every post)...

Second, I've had a bad experience with fire...
(Need proof?)
Spoiler
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on October 03, 2020, 04:26:53 AM
Quote from: Captain Wortshire on October 03, 2020, 01:18:38 AM
So what's the first step.

It better not have anything to do with fire, I have an aversion for plans that include igniting everything...

Ach, but fire'z major! *Zetz Wortshire'z 'air on fire*
Quote from: Captain Wortshire on October 03, 2020, 05:38:41 PM
*screams*

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!

Baisudi!

バイスディ

*the fire is extinguished*

Quote from: Captain Wortshire on October 03, 2020, 07:28:28 PM
*glares angrily before throwing up some black substance*
[close]

Plus, personally I'm more proficient in Curse, Ice, and Electric attacks...

Third, though somewhat incompetent, the Tesso are smarter than they look... Maybe a better example would have been me mentioning that I shut down the A.R.S.E.N.E legion, something that the Captain would NEVER do willingly...

Fourth, you may think of summoning as an ability, but it is less of a power within a person and more akin to using items...

He never mentioned it, but everything he summoned was compressed in a card form...

Let me explain:

When the Captain first explored Rabirinsu Keep, he was fascinated by the creatures within. Through several visits, he was able to form bonds, earn their respect, and in the end, he was able to master them. In return, they formed themselves into an easier to carry form... Cards... All he had to do is pull out the correct card, call out their name, crush the card... And you end up with a powerful being by your side...

As for the portal, well, it was not my decision for the location, there were 12 dark shrines scattered throughout the land, (I believe Macabre found one or two):
Spoiler
Quote from: Captain Wortshire on September 17, 2020, 01:28:17 AM
Macabre grabs the rose and causes it to wither in his hand...

Such is the frailty of life...

A Darkasher has found something...

A flat circle of black stone with runes cut into it...

Interesting...

Striking the stone with his scythe, the ground begins to rumble as a dark shrine emerges...
[close]

Each Shrine was positioned in such a way that this area intersects between them all...

Before, there was an ancient stronghold situated here, but somehow it was... Repurposed you might say...

You want to know where the Captain is? HERE!

*Casting his hand forth, a card materializes. Printed on it is a familiar blue figure*

Here is your Captain...

*Puts card away*

The only question left...

Who am I?
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]

Verdauga

*Smirk melts from face as Wort's card is revealed.*
Alright then. You get your answer. I don't know, not for certain anyway, but as far as I've researched, you are Magatsu. Magatsu Izanagi. Now then, feel free to enlighten me if I'm wrong. Now release Wortshire, or else.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Captain Wortshire

*Clap, Clap, Clap*

Well done...

Didn't have to do a dramatic name introduction...

Your detective skills are beyond compare...

For I am Corruption Incarnate, the Crimson Scourge, Master of 1000 Shadows...

I'm just tooting my own horn now...

As for releasing the Captain...

But, I'm afraid I can't...

You see, when the Captain and I have formed this deep connection that I'm afraid is impossible to break now...

You see, during his traverse in the Keep, I was formed from the dark recesses of his mind. So in a sense, I am the Captain, just the side he kept tucked away hidden, the side that wished for infinite power, recognition, a chance to make a mark on this world,...

I'm just more or less fulfilling his desires, for who should know his mind better? But the embodiment of inner self...

And so what are you going to do about it? Fight me? Because that's what heroes do?

In if that's the case.

*Shadows start flooding out of the portal*

Bring it...

*Shadows take various physical forms and charge*

Megidola!!!

メギドラ

*Levitating into the air, Magatzu releases a golden bolt which starts cutting through the land towards Verd*
[move][/move]
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]

Verdauga

Well, you're the Picaro version, so you've likely gone rogue, so you could release Wortshire, but I'll give you a pass for now.
But is it truly so, that the captain and you cannot both take physical form at the same time? Is it simply because you are a Persona of his? Interesting.
And for Pete's sake, you kept telling me you weren't the captain, then claim you are? Decide thy mind.
Anyway, claiming you're doing what he wants doesn't excuse you.

But we don't have to fight, yet.

*Watches Magatsu attack.*

Well, we didn't.

Captain Wortshire

I said I'm not THE Captain... Just his darker mind manifested...

Besides, thanks to him, I've become more than a Persona, I have become my own separate being...

He and can exist at the same time, so I have other reasons for keeping him secured...
[move][/move]
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
Spoiler
[close]

WorshipTiria

Wait, Persona? I thought this was smash.

*pulls out gun and sweet dreams meme*