News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

RP: Fanglor the wicked

Started by Mad Maudie, December 08, 2011, 03:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

Ida was rather shocked about the news of a vermin spotting and went to see Ambert. She bursted into the kitchen and spoke a mile a minute. "A horde is on its way to Redwall, and I'm going to help get ready for an attack and I bet I'll be braver then you!"
"Taste this," Ambert stuck a bowl in front of Ida, "It's a new recipe."
"I don't care about food! There are vermin coming to Redwall!" All her life Ida had read about attacks on Redwall in the old records she studied. But now she could prove herself a hero, perhaps they'd even..
"Ida!" Ambert yelled to bring his friend back into reality. He could tell by the look on her face what she was thinking. "Fighting is dangerous and hard. It's much different then reading about."
"Tut, tut," Ida replied, digging her pawing into the bowl of, well, whatever Ambert had made.
"Your a silly beast. This is a terrible thing." Ambert pulled the bowl away from Ida. "Stay out of a beast way for once."
"Humph, fine." And Ida left the kitchens.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

BrookSkimmer

Liam nodded at Skipper's advice. "Having a council for the protection of the abbey is a sensible idea Skipper. Thank you for your service to the abbey. Let us find Daniel and get down to business. Is there anybeast else you think should be at the council?"

The group made their way to Cavern Hole to have the council. Weldon sat at the head of the table and welcomed the other solemnly. "Friends we are soon to be under siege from a vermin horde. I leave it to you, warriors, to defend our abbey. My Redwallers will be at your service however you see fit. Although most of us are not trained for battle I'm sure many would gladly lay down their lives to protect this abbey and the beasts who live here."

Skipper

As the group made their way down to Cavern hole Skipper took a seat and spoke, slightly hesitant and not quite sure if his idea was good. "Maybe if we could gather a small group and use hit'n'run tactics and possibly send someone to find Gousim or a tribe." Skipper sounded confident and he hoped everyone present picked that up, positivity was a key factor of winning war's.

DanielofRedwall

Daniel walked in, his usually cheery face grim. "Here you all are! Vermin, hey? Not a good thing to deal with. Here's my advice: don't make the first move, but sit and be ready. We need to look like we've been expecting them to come as a popular vermin tactic is often to use the element of surprise. We need lookouts posted looking in all directions who will be rotated. They should come to us at the first sign of th horde. Then, the strongest of us Redwallers go to the battlements, armed with anything we can find. I'll come with Martin'a sword. Father abbot, you must come too to speak with the leader. If they walk away, we still news lookouts posted incase they attack us while we're asleep. Those are my ideas."
Received mostly negative reviews.

Skipper

Skipper nodded approvingly though there were some bits that he didn't agree with completely. "Nice plan mate, but if we hit'n'run then we'll have more chance of a greater victory, the vermin won't be expecting it. If were just on the defensive then we can't eradicate the vermin."

BrookSkimmer

Liam cleared his throat and spoke calmly over the group. "Here is my decision on what should be done. Both plans are sensible, however one comes at much greater risk. Bringing the attack to the enemy is not the way of our abbey. Therefore as Abbot I cannot allow us to initiate any act of violence. Perhaps the horde will pass us by, who can tell?" Weldon eyed the group, making sure they were understanding his words.

"As Redwallers we will post sentries and prepare to defend our home. If the vermin attack, then we will counter only out of defense." He looked at Skipper. "You are skipper of otters and though we offer you a place to stay you are not of the order of the abbey. Therefore, should you wish to attack the vermin, you of course have the right to take your otters and do so. However, this act is not sanctioned by me."

Liam hoped his words would settle the matter.

Skipper

Skipper bowed his head in acceptance. Slightly annoyed at the peaceful decision "I will stay here as Redwall is a home to me, however I will go out and gather my otters. I will leave immediately." Gathering together a traveling cloak and checking his weapons Skipper set off to leave the abbey, south-west to where his crew were camped by a dam in the river. But before he left he spoke to Liam across the room. "Know this, father, if they do no harm to us then I bet my rudder that they will harm others."

Mad Maudie

"Skipper! wait up!" Mallow called catching up to him. out of breath "You sure move fast! well i guess there's no reason asking but can i come with you?"
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Skipper

Skipper smiled warmly. "Sure messmate, I'd be glad to have the company." He set off at a slower pace so that Mallow could easily keep up with him. Seeing a slightly leaning tree, Skipper shed his cloak and ran and jumped at the lowest branch up the tree, he hung on to the branch whilst peering south-west with one hand hanging on to the branch while the other parted a few branches, while is body dangled. Skipper grunted and let go, landing neatly on his feet. "Mallow i can see some bushes shaking and whatever is causing it is moving this way." Putting his cloak back on he indicated with his paw to where she should hide, he bent down behind the tree and peered forward ready for action.

Mad Maudie

Mallow crawled under the bush mad that she had to hide like a dibbun.
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

BrookSkimmer

Liam watched as Daniel the warrior oversaw the process of readying Redwall for battle. The kindly old abbot hoped that there would be no killing but somehow he knew the vermin would not leave Redwall without a fight.

He stopped Daniel as the mouse walked past. "Daniel, who do you think? Can Redwall stand against the coming horde?"

Skipper

Skipper rolled out from behind the tree across the wet grass. He held the creature in a headlock before holding him an arms length away and smiled broadly "Ahoy messmate, if it ain't old Rogg Greywhisker, you seadog." Skipper stood up as the rest of the crew made their way through the bushes "What's the crew doing down here Rogg?" Skipper asked in confusion.
Rogg stopped smiling and whispered something into Skipper's ear, Skipper called out "Mallow you go at the front lead them to Redwall." Indicating for Rogg to tell him more they conversed in low tones at the back of the crew.

Mad Maudie

"Okay? what is going on?" Mallow asked starting to lead the crew back to redwall.
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Skipper

Skipper called out to Mallow. "Rogg was searching for a young one who had gotten lost, he says he spotted the vermin horde heading this way, they would 'ave been killed if they stayed at the den, they outnumber us by many. So they were heading to Redwall to seek safety." Skipper clenched his paws in anger and walked forwards helping the old and young get to Redwall as soon as possible. The otter was thankful no one had been hurt, he would catch up with his crew when they settled down in the abbey.

BrookSkimmer

Liam watched from the battlements as Skipper lead a band of otters back to Redwall. "Tell them to get the gates open!" The abbot yelled down the order to have the gates opened for the otter.

Once they were inside the Abbot stood in front of them. "My thanks to you Skipper for bringing such an able bodied band of fighters. Remember though, we at Redwall will not cast the first stone. As Abbot my duty is to speak with the vermin first. If they choose not to fight we will let them go on their way. However, if they fight, I leave the matter in the paws of Daniel and Skipper."

The horde of Fanglor was moving closer... soon they would pass by Redwall...