News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Booklover's Beach

Started by Booklover, April 16, 2021, 10:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rillbrook the Wanderer

(OOC: Why don't we separate this thread into two threads, a peaceful beach and a world war beach?)

Booklover

Quote from: Verdauga on April 21, 2021, 12:33:30 PM
I gotta say, this doesn't quite look like the place for lovers of books. >_>
(Nah. If they're doing whatever they're doing they aren't distracting us.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Verdauga

Smart)

*Sets up chair and umbrella, and begins reading.*
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Scott McLamok

(So, if people are losing their lives for freedom you sit in the middle of it with a book? Highly inconsiderate)
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

lass of something much

(Aye...Though such is life... Even to this day..)
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Scott McLamok

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

lass of something much

(Also, I can't really do anything until you react, so..)
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Scott McLamok

Scott fell back instinctively as Lass hurled past him.

"LASS?"

Scott yelled in surprise as he stumbled over to the unconscious squirrel and as he crouched beside her he checked for wounds.

After finding no shrapnel or bullet wounds Scott grabbed a morphine tube in stabbed it into his leg. He didn't like the morphine but he liked being partially paralyzed less. Scott wondered how Lass was even thrown. No explosion and Lass didn't have a bullet wound. The wind? Now that's just stupid he thought. Out of curiosity Scott pulled out his pistol and shot it out the cave. The squirrel saw a ripple on the cave entrance and a aplit second later the zing of a bullet cut right next to his ear and he hugged the ground.

This is the Way.

lass of something much

The ottersquirrel's entire body flinched at the slightest touch, and the unconscious face creased with pain.

The light outside of the cave was darkening, and the cold began to bite. Unlike on the sand below, the sun had not warmed the air and sand inside the cave, and it was chilled. What had been a stiflingly hot day was now turning into a freezing night. And yet the battle raged on. By this time, the allied forces had made it into the enemy trenches, moving the fight further up the beach. Though no word of this could reach the pitiful soldiers trapped in the cave.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Scott McLamok

"Oh, great!"

Scott said in frustration. He turned back to Lass and picked her up.

"At least I'm not alone!"

The squirrel placed Lass on the bed. Since there were no external wounds Scott couldn't do much but wait.

(I really don't know what to do in a cave with an unconscious Lass and nothing to kill)

This is the Way.

lass of something much

(Heh...No external wounds, eh? Do you count barbed wire ripped skin, bruises, and a sprained ankle internal?  ;D (I tried to hint at the wounds, but eh.. It's getting dark, maybe you couldn't see :giggle:)
Also, if you get really bored you could light a fire or look through the supply pack.. Ooorr you could explore the cave and find useful things like a fire wood stack)
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Verdauga

Quote from: Scott McLamok on April 22, 2021, 08:32:13 AM
(So, if people are losing their lives for freedom you sit in the middle of it with a book? Highly inconsiderate)
(I'll have you know it's a VERY good Book.)
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Booklover

Quote from: Scott McLamok on April 22, 2021, 08:32:13 AM
(Indeed. They shouldn't be a potential interruption while we're reading.)

Flib Bigboat

*snitches Bookie's book when her back is turned* (Is it The Princess Bride that you were reading?)
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

*takes the book back and ignores the question*