News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Summer 2021 Nameday Feast

Started by DanielofRedwall, June 02, 2021, 11:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Flib Bigboat

Quote from: Booklover on July 15, 2021, 04:51:15 PM
Quote from: Kade Rivok on July 15, 2021, 03:38:03 PM
Innocence is just a social construct.
I honestly don't get why people say that something is a social construct and assume that that automatically means that it's bad. (Not directed at you, just a general thought.)

The concept of social construct is a social construct.
I didn't think it was bad (I still don't know what it means), but he said it was "just" a social construct, therefore implying that it wasn't important.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

I did say that it was a general thing.

*eats the feast* (which is probably not a social construct)
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

*Raises eyebrow*
C-ca-can we just celebrate the feast and decide whether it's a social construct later?
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Flib Bigboat

Well don't stand around looking like a bunch of frazzled frogs at a frying, y'all, we'd better hurry up and eat the feast before Kade comes to his senses and realises that there's a bunch of food laying around everywhere!
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Daez ze feazt actually exizt, zough...? Und dae ve really exizt...?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Flib Bigboat

My thoughts exactly, Russa.
Btw, I see you now have 1,000 posts! Congratulations!
Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Nice Russa! 

Now, though, you can't post outside of the cellars ever again.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

Or, if you do, you must get to 10000.

Is forum games a post counting board? She could probably post there.

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Booklover

QuoteForum Games
Play forum games in this section (post count is off)

That's the description of it.

I'm pretty sure I'd have far more posts if it was. I used to post a lot in GvsG (though I've stopped recently), and I still post a fair amount in other threads.

Flib Bigboat

How many posts left does Russa have before she becomes a Warrior?
Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!