The "October Ale's (Un)Official Nickname Decider" Thread

Started by Kade Rivok, September 24, 2021, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should October Ale's (un)official nickname be?

Octo
7 (50%)
Ale
1 (7.1%)
Octo-Ale
2 (14.3%)
'Tober
1 (7.1%)
That hare over there (or comment with anything else you can think of)
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Flib Bigboat

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on October 06, 2021, 02:07:51 AM
*Zero iz furzer offended*

Juzt conzider 'ov ye expect tae make numberz loike 10, 50, 100, 800, 1000, or 999,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,012 vizoot any 0'z!
First of all, you stretched my screen.
Second, I could write it out with letters, Roman numerals, or simply decide not to make that number, just to be annoying to zero.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Your first mistake was trying to reason with the HIAG.  Your second was using logic to do so.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Flib Bigboat

Well I often forget to think before I say, and besides logic is the science of making a reasonable argument. There are plenty of ways to make all sorts of numbers without using 0.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

People managed without zero for centuries, and some still do now.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

*0 packz up it'z bagz, takez av o' it'z zeroez (includin' av ozer verzionz o' it) und dizappearz intae ze 'illz*

In ozer vordz, ye can never 'ave nayzin' fer 'omevork (or any ozer koind o' vork), ye can never complete a countdoon, inztead o' gettin' a 100% on an azzignment ye vid get inztead a 1% (i.e., ye failed ze azzignment), und zpeed limitz zat 'ave zeroez in zem- zuch az 60- na' are vizoot ze zeroez und zerefore are only numberz zuch az 6- good luck gettin' tae vork/zchool/etc. on toime.

Quote from: Flib Bigboat on October 07, 2021, 06:12:40 PM
Well I often forget to think before I say, and besides logic is the science of making a reasonable argument. There are plenty of ways to make all sorts of numbers without using 0.

Vho vid vant tae make a reazonable argument???
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Booklover

Reasonable people. So not us.

On the other hand, the pass mark of 70% is now 7%. So for some people that's better.

And don't forget that any time ending with a zero is now a few minutes past the hour (for example, instead of 8:30 it'd be three past eight). So buses and trains now get to some stops at a few minutes past the hour but at the stop after it will be a long time later, and then a few more stops later it'll go back in time, and after 9:59 it's now 1.

Flib Bigboat

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on October 08, 2021, 05:59:21 PM
Quote from: Flib Bigboat on October 07, 2021, 06:12:40 PM

Vho vid vant tae make a reazonable argument???
I would. And I still do. So there.
Quote from: Booklover on October 08, 2021, 06:27:46 PM
And don't forget that any time ending with a zero is now a few minutes past the hour (for example, instead of 8:30 it'd be three past eight). So buses and trains now get to some stops at a few minutes past the hour but at the stop after it will be a long time later, and then a few more stops later it'll go back in time, and after 9:59 it's now 1.
That's quite impressive, Bookie. I wish I was as good at numbers as you are.
Long live the RRR!

MeadowR

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

*Ze remainin' numberz get upzet by MeadowRabbit'z dizappearance*

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Flib Bigboat

Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Flib Bigboat

Well if they don't like me, they can go and live in the hills with zero, he'd probably like some company.
Long live the RRR!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Booklover

Quote from: Flib Bigboat on October 11, 2021, 07:06:14 PM
Well if they don't like me, they can go and live in the hills with zero, he'd probably like some company.
Randomly reminded me of a quote from An Inspector Calls, for some reason. Something along the lines of "I was paying the usual rates, and if they didn't like that, they could go and work somewhere else. It's a free country, I told them."

If zero is male, then one must be female, and every other number is non-binary, right?

Flib Bigboat

Now that is uncalled for.
Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on October 11, 2021, 09:04:57 PM
*Zey cream Flib viz a lemon und cuztard pi inztead*
*ignores the pi because it probably contains a zero somewhere*
Long live the RRR!