News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Random and fun facts!

Started by DanielofRedwall, June 25, 2011, 05:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

43.7% of statistics are made up on the spot!  :)

Also, the name for Oz in "The Wizard of Oz" was thought up when the creator, Frank Baum, looked at his filing cabinet and saw A-N, and O-Z, hence "Oz."
Received mostly negative reviews.

Matthias720

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 03, 2011, 09:33:29 AM
43.7% of statistics are made up on the spot!  :)
LOL! :D

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 03, 2011, 09:33:29 AM
Also, the name for Oz in "The Wizard of Oz" was thought up when the creator, Frank Baum, looked at his filing cabinet and saw A-N, and O-Z, hence "Oz."
I've heard that before. I guess inspiration can come from anywhere.

DanielofRedwall

Just found this out on the TV. Chilli is the only fruit that has been used as a weapon. Don't know whether it's true, though.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

$500 dollars for detonating a nuclear weapon? Wow. It used to be $300. Some people always go over practical.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Tiria Wildlough

Did you know that asthma is sometimes caused by a storm?
Or that it's worse to drive tired than to drive drunk?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Gonff

In PA it is illegal to sing in the bath tub.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

The Lady Shael

In Florida it is illegal for unmarried women to go skydiving on Sunday afternoons (I did this, not knowing it was against the law. No one seemed to care though XD).
~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Matthias720

The human genome contains more data than a set of the Encyclopedia Britannica.

DanielofRedwall

Have you guys heard of the 6 degrees of seperation theory? It's a theory that you pick two random people in the world who never met (say, me and a random in Congo), and you can link yourself to them byjust 6 degrees of seperation. Eg, I know this guy, who knows another guy, who knows another guy etc.

There's also the 3 person theory, which is very similar, which is where you pick 3 people and using the same thing as before the know everyone in the world.

Hope that made sense!

Captain Tammo

The Mona Lisa (spelling) has no eyebrows

Gorgias of Epirus (3rd century BC), a Greek sophist, was born in his dead mother's coffin! Pallbearers heard him crying out as they carried his mother's coffin to the grave.

97% of people say "fith" instead of "fifth".

Food takes 7 seconds to reach stomach from mouth.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Tiria Wildlough

Pine martens are less commonly called pinetens, baum martens, and sweet martens.  :)  
And right-handed people live about 6 years longer than lefties! :o
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 08, 2011, 08:09:10 AM
Pine martens are less commonly called pinetens, baum martens, and sweet martens.  :)  
And right-handed people live about 6 years longer than lefties! :o

Bummer. Most of my right handed friends will live longer then me. I am positive some won't though... hehehehe....

Captain Tammo

Each of the suits on a deck of cards represents the four major pillars of the economy in the middle ages: heart represented the Church, spades represented the military, clubs represented agriculture, and diamonds represented the merchant class.

1 in 5,000 north Atlantic lobsters are born bright blue.

The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet (9 m).

Charlie Brown's father was a barber.

"Goodbye" came from "God bye" which came from "God be with you."

Jane Barbie was the woman who did the voice recordings for the Bell System.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

DanielofRedwall

In the Australian census on average 0.2% of people put their religion as Jedi Knight.

60% of people, when told something is impossible (such as licking your elbow) try to do it anyway.

Nightfire

"Did you know that when two tigers fight, then it is always short, intense, and straight to the point. But after the fight, the two tigers will actually bow to each other."

"An adult rat has the biting force of a crocodile, and can go without water for longer than a camel."

And every word I have just posted is 100% true, and I have verified it through several sources.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.