News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Random and fun facts!

Started by DanielofRedwall, June 25, 2011, 05:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

And The Hunger Games sequel: Catching Fire out in Thanksgiving. I saw the trailer, it looks great  ;D
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Romsca

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on April 23, 2013, 10:33:35 PM
Did You Know?
The ABC song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune ... stop singing!

Wow... I never realized that until now :-\

Buzz_Bumble

Did You Know?
Palm oil comes from palm trees, olive oil comes from olives, coconut oil comes from coconuts, whale oil comes from whales, linseed oil comes from linseeds, cod liver oil comes from cod livers ... but where does baby oil come from?   ;)

Redwaller

Buzz_Bumble

Did You Know
Four is the only number that has the same amount of letters as its actual value.

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Norham Waterpaw

Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Orinoco

Here's a few:

- Jess Harnell, the voice of Wakko in Animaniacs, now does the voice of Cedric in the Disney Junior TV series Sofia the First.

- Rats laugh, but it's in a higher frequency than humans can hear.

- Wizards and sorcerers are not the same thing.

- Grey hair can come from stress as well as old age.

- "Shut up" in German is "Halt die Klappe!"
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Rainshadow

Wait, so Wooton Basset is in Disney Junior shows?  :o  Well, he's also the announcer in AFV (America's Funniest Home Videos).  Funny, how AFV should actually be AFHV...
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rusvul

I'm very confused. The host of AFV (which might not be what you mean) is Tom Burgeron.
I probably am confused because I don't know of either of those things :P

Rainshadow

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on May 05, 2013, 03:05:21 AM
I'm very confused. The host of AFV (which might not be what you mean) is Tom Burgeron.
I probably am confused because I don't know of either of those things :P

No, the ANNOUNCER is Jess Harnell.  He tells stuff about the show, like the Assignment America and such.  He's not the host, just the announcer.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwaller

Please stay on topic.  :)

You can make your own topic for this, so as not to cloud this topic.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Vitamin K 'elpz yer blood clot.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin

Vitamin D helps your bones  ;)

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Redwaller

Quote from: Tam and Martin on May 05, 2013, 09:38:22 PM
Vitamin D helps your bones  ;)
Vitamin D comes from the sun, the vitamins they put in milk and the likes weakens your bones.