"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Random and fun facts!

Started by DanielofRedwall, June 25, 2011, 05:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkety tam

rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Taggerung_of_Redwall

A couple in Sweden were fined for giving their son an illegal name in 1996. The name was "Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116". Apparently pronounced 'Albin' (no clue how).
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on September 06, 2011, 08:10:34 PM
A couple in Sweden were fined for giving their son an illegal name in 1996. The name was "Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116". Apparently pronounced 'Albin' (no clue how).
HAHAHA!!!

The name "Spain" comes from the Phoenician/Punic language and means "isle of hyraxes". When the Phoenician settlers arrived they found rabbits in abundance, but they mistook them for hyraxes, which are small animals that look like rabbits that live in Africa.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

The only species of cat that cannot sheath and unsheath their claws is the Cheetah.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Sunday will be the last day a Borders is open

The UN will announce the world's population at 7 billion October 31

Coobreedan

Kirby Mass Attack is the second game to have Kirby actually say "Poyo!". Kirby's Epic Yarn was the first.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

Samus Aran was born on K2-L, but she was raised on Zebes by the Chozo after Ridley decimated the planet.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

85% of chocolate in 2010 was harvested or manufactured by slave labor.

Nightfire

rakkety tam

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 29, 2011, 10:12:13 AM
Some funny laws here. These are real, I got them from a factual book and not a website.

Members of parliment are not allowed to wear suits of armour in the house of commons.
A law in West Virginia, USA, says that "no lions shall be allowed to run wild on the streets".
In Wyoming it is illegal to photograph rabbits in the months of Janary through to April without an official permit.
Anyone detonating a nuclear weapon within the city limits of Chico, California is liable to a $500 fine.
No one may eat a rattlesnake in public in Kansas, USA, but only on Sundays.
In Spades, Indiana, USA it is illegal to open a can with a revolver.

Hope you liked them.  :)
i know this post was along time ago but i know why its illegal that no lions shall be allowed to run wild on the streets in WV
the reason is a place called alderson had a old circus guy who had a lion run free and how i know this is cause i live in alderson WV
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Lily

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on September 13, 2011, 07:21:41 PM
Sunday will be the last day a Borders is open
Wait... really? As in the book store?

DanielofRedwall

Not in Australia! we still have them!

Lily

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on September 14, 2011, 09:56:41 AM
Not in Australia! we still have them!
Thank goodness for that! I was afraid that I'd get back home and there'd be no book stores left.

Back to facts... The Sea Otter is the only species of otter that doesn't have a muscle in the tail. The others use it as a powerful weapon and to navigate their movements in the water.

DanielofRedwall

^

Wait... I just googled it.... sorry to disappoint you, they will be closing.  :'(