News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Random and fun facts!

Started by DanielofRedwall, June 25, 2011, 05:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhera

I'm impressed, you didn't even mention the Jack Daniels and fartlek ;D

Jack Daniels: an über-coach, and completely unrelated to the alcohol
Fartlek: Swedish term meaning "speed play"
Base: basic, easier training that prepares a runner for harder workouts later
Strides: short, relaxed sprints
LSD: Long Slow Distance

Maudie

So, do you run barefoot style, Mhera? My brother runs barefoot style, even has these special zero drop running shoes. He groans every time he sees a heel striker.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rusvul

Technically, nothing anyone has said on this thread has been random. 'Random' means unpredictable. As in you literally cannot predict the outcome, given every single variable going in to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rIy0xY99a0

An excellent analasys. ^

Maudie

Potatoes have eyes!

Random enough fo you?
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Mhera

Quote from: Mask on January 10, 2015, 04:06:16 AM
So, do you run barefoot style, Mhera? My brother runs barefoot style, even has these special zero drop running shoes. He groans every time he sees a heel striker.
Yes, I do actually. It's a lot of fun.

Mhera

Quote from: Mask on January 10, 2015, 04:41:44 AM
Potatoes have eyes!

Random enough fo you?
No, because after he posted that he probably expected someone to stick a fact in here that's unrelated to the previous ones, thus making your random fact not random but expected. Also your comment "random enough for you?" wasn't random at all due to its relation to his post.

Rusvul

If you knew everything about your neurochemistry, you could predict your response.

Maudie

If, when the only way left was the sun, would you follow your destiny? The last troll.

Mhera

Quote from: Mask on January 10, 2015, 04:49:51 AM
If, when the only way left was the sun, would you follow your destiny? The last troll.
That's not a fact.

Maudie

I realized that after I posted it.
*facepalm.*

Wylder Treejumper

A photon has mass, but because it's mass approaches zero, it is often considered to have none.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Mhera

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on January 10, 2015, 04:48:38 AM
If you knew everything about your neurochemistry, you could predict your response.
I'm already pretty good at predicting my responses.

Mhera

White chocolate isn't really chocolate due to its lack of cocoa solids.

Edit: sorry for the double post! Didn't realize I made it.

Jukka the Sling

Only 7% of journalists are Republican.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ungatt Trunn

Minecraft PE has sold over 30,000,000 copies as of a few days ago.

Life is too short to rush through it.