News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Random and fun facts!

Started by DanielofRedwall, June 25, 2011, 05:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dotti

"Der rindfleisch ist verdorben" means "The beef is rotten" in German.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

redwallgurl

Aegilops is the longest word with all the letters in alphabetical order
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Redwallfan7

The shortest word in the English language is A.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

eualaia

tacos  do not give you superpowers
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Nightfire on March 13, 2012, 11:20:05 PM
I'm getting a blue-tongued skink. ;D
Wow! What does it look like? I've seen a skink before, but I don't think it had a blue tongue.
I love the word 'skink'.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Heeheeheee. I'm gettign one sometime later this year. It'll be a while, because I have to save up my money. A healthy, well-bred skink costs around $200, so it'll be a while. And yes, their tongue is really blue. ;D But they look like this:

And this:

They grow pretty big; as long as your forearm!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwallfan7

Not all spiders spin webs, some live in underground dens. And spiders creep me out
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Nightfire

Wolf spiders don't weave webs; instead, they go out and hunt prey like a real wolf. They're scary! I once had one nside my house, and, I'm not kidding, I SCREAMED! :o
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwallfan7

I love milkshakes, especially those at 50's style diners

Bragoon

Nightfire, we have loads of wolf spiders around here.  I killed three last night, one in the road outside my house, one outside my front door, and one in my room.  Not so cool.
But, we have wild skinks around here too.  They're pretty neat, but were I to get a reptile as a pet I'd have to go with a chameleon.

Nintendo was founded in 1889 to make hanafuda cards. 

"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Redwallfan7

We all know that the otters and weasels are enemies in the books, but in reality they come from the same animal family called Mustelids? Which also includes badgers.

Tiria Wildlough

Nightfire, in Australia, skinks live in peoples' gardens! I nearly trod on one once.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Nice. You should never own a wild-caught skink, though. They never get along well.

Cats can speak English; they just don't want us to know how smart they really are.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on March 15, 2012, 09:13:30 PM
We all know that the otters and weasels are enemies in the books, but in reality they come from the same animal family called Mustelids? Which also includes badgers.
I believe you are referring to the mustelidae family, or just the weasel family. This involves weasels, otters, badgers, wolverines, ferrets, ermine and minks. Mongooses, pole cats and meerkats are close relatives. Yeah, I know quite a lot about animals. Well, more specific groups of animals, not as much animals in general (although I still know more than the average person in animals in general). Animals are one of my "topics of interest".
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

Same here, Daniel. :)

Dinny the mole NEVER misses when he wants to hit a target.