vitch: why i think he was so rotten.

Started by mattimouse20, January 12, 2012, 11:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which place in mossflower country would you most like to visit?

Redwall
35 (70%)
salamandastron
9 (18%)
loamhedge
1 (2%)
asmodeous' lair
0 (0%)
green isle
5 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Kitsune

You and Ungatt.......... ::)
I felt a bit sorry for Slagar/Chickenhound because the poison messed with his brain, but I didn't really care for his followers.
Also, the poll is a little random!

rachel25

Yeah the poll is random :P
Vitch was annoying but Mattimo was even more annoying at the start  ;)

Rusvul

Vitch, I think, is my least favorite Redwall character in the entire series. If he appeared right in front of me, I would immediately attack him, armed or not. Mattimeo at the beginning was a brat, but he learned. Vitch was a turncoat, a spy, an idiot, a brat, whiny, a bully, and a coward. He is the type of person IRL who makes me extremely infuriated (That, and people who can't ever admit that they were wrong) He taunts and hurts the slaves, and whenever they lift a paw to fight back, or even defend themselves, Vitch goes running to Slagar, screaming "MURDER! MURDER! THEY'RE GOING TO KILL ME! SLAGAR, HELP! HELP!" I think that Vitch deserved everything he got- his death at the end, as well as all the abuse from Slagar and the slaves along the way. If he had a slow, painful, death, I might not say that, but it was certainly less painful than, many deaths that I'm sure he helped cause, or even sat by and watched without doing anything to help.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Me opinion iz zat if ye aw are goin' aboot 'atin' Vitch, yer zoundin' more like ze characterz ye zae detezt. I dinnae approve o' 'iz actionz, but ze actionz zhould be ze zin'z zat ye detezt. Nae ze creature zemzelvez.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Leatho Shellhound

green isle!

Not sure about Vitch, he might have had a bad childhood.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rusvul

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on June 30, 2013, 01:27:53 AM
Me opinion iz zat if ye aw are goin' aboot 'atin' Vitch, yer zoundin' more like ze characterz ye zae detezt. I dinnae approve o' 'iz actionz, but ze actionz zhould be ze zin'z zat ye detezt. Nae ze creature zemzelvez.
That concept is an interesting one, and makes sense in certain applications. However, it is somewhat flawed. What if, rather than Vitch's debatable actions, we were talking about someone like Cluny. If your theory was to be followed, you would hate Cluny's murder, theft, cruelty, and cowardice, but not hate Cluny for his obvious evil.

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on June 30, 2013, 02:21:06 AM
Not sure about Vitch, he might have had a bad childhood.
No doubt he did. There are also plenty of goodbeasts who had a difficult childhood, and are still respectable. Mine has become very difficult for me in the past year, and yet I am still responsible, kind, and reasonable nearly all the time, though I do have my moments.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on June 30, 2013, 03:20:47 AMThat concept is an interesting one, and makes sense in certain applications. However, it is somewhat flawed. What if, rather than Vitch's debatable actions, we were talking about someone like Cluny. If your theory was to be followed, you would hate Cluny's murder, theft, cruelty, and cowardice, but not hate Cluny for his obvious evil.
Ah zee nay flawz in it. Anyvay, vot makez ye zink Cluny iz evil, an' vot makez ye ze vone tae judge 'im?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Skyblade

Is it weird...that I find it weird that so many people dislike this fellow? I actually felt sympathy for Vitch. Okay, so he wasn't a good fellow by any stretch. He was pure bad, and we don't like that. But I still feel for him; maybe he had a rough life. Or maybe he is misunderstood.

I tend to sympathize with the villains quite a bit. Maybe more than I ought to.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Luftwaffles

QuoteI tend to sympathize with the villains quite a bit. Maybe more than I ought to.

What makes you say that? A lot of villains are great (heck, Redwall has a leg up on almost every other series because of its memorable villains) so it is perfectly fine to like them. And, even when this is not Redwall-related, let me tell you that I didn't go thru all Legends of Treasure Island because of Jim Hawkins. That's for darn sure :P
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Skyblade

True, thank you. I often feel bad for villains like Vitch because bad things happen to them and they often meet horrible deaths at the doing of their worst enemies.

Though it was justice. They had it coming for them :(

I didn't get the Treasure Island reference, but okee.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Skyblade on July 15, 2015, 03:02:17 AM
True, thank you. I often feel bad for villains like Vitch because bad things happen to them and they often meet horrible deaths at the doing of their worst enemies.

Though it was justice. They had it coming for them :(

I didn't get the Treasure Island reference, but okee.

I meant to say that I went thru Treasure Island because of how much I liked the main antagonist of that book. I didn't like the main protagonists -Jim Hawkins- nearly as much and I would have probably never gotten to the end of the book if it wasn't for the villain.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Tungro

I remember when my mom overheard me say Vitch she thought I said
Spoiler
Change the V to B
[close]
and she got really mad and I had hurriedly to explain