News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What's Your Current Desktop Wallpaper?

Started by eualaia, January 22, 2012, 05:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Jarky Thistlebrush

The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Verdauga

Since you posted the url (https://your image here.jpg) I only had to put image tags around it, and put it in a spoiler.
(I'm pretty sure you already know, but to be safe: the image tag button is underneath the bold text button.)
Don't follow the link: I don't even know if it works.
Nice wallpaper.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Verdauga

Uh-oh. We're back into anime territory  ;)
Who's that Jukka?

shisteer of nothing much

I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Verdauga on October 05, 2019, 12:55:58 AM
Uh-oh. We're back into anime territory  ;)
Who's that Jukka?
I never left anime territory. ;)

'Tis Zenitsu Agatsuma, one of the main characters from Kimetsu no Yaiba, aka Demon Slayer.  He's not my favorite character (that award goes to Tanjiro Kamado, the main character, who is a cinnamon roll too good for this world), but he does have the coolest attack style.

Incidentally, this is my lock screen, featuring Tanjiro:

Spoiler
[close]

This show is so goooood and I'm dying waiting for the next season.

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on October 05, 2019, 03:09:06 AM
What's wrong with anime territory?
Idk...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

shisteer of nothing much

I really like anime style art. I've never watched it though.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Jukka the Sling

@shisteer of nothing much

Yeah, anime art and animation can be amazing.  On the downside, just as a warning -- a lot of anime can be pretty... inappropriate.  Even the ones I like generally have some level of content I wouldn't want some of my siblings seeing, like strong violence or suggestive stuff.

If you want to start watching anime, Studio Ghibli movies might be a place to start.  Ponyo and The Secret World of Arrietty are my favorites and have nothing inappropriate (although Ponyo does have some mild supernatural stuff with a so-called "sea goddess", in case you want to be aware).  I haven't seen many other Ghibli movies, though, and some are more mature than others, so just be cautious if little siblings are watching. xP

Verdauga

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on October 05, 2019, 03:09:06 AM
What's wrong with anime territory?
This is
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on October 07, 2019, 03:13:11 PM
a lot of anime can be pretty... inappropriate.  Even the ones I like generally have some level of content I wouldn't want some of my siblings seeing, like strong violence or suggestive stuff.
I don't hate anime, but I never really got into it. My brothers did though, so I'm not completely ignorant, but I don't care for how carefully the writers insert tropes...

Tungro

I am not a huge fan of anime (let alone a little one), but talking about Studio Ghibli reminded me that I saw The Wind Rises movie. I was impressed, but more by the story than the animation. It was about the life of the designer of the Japaneses zero plane.

Back on topic

Verdauga

Everyone has these 4k, HD wallpapers, and I'm feeling like I didn't get the memo  :laugh:

Tungro

My most recent are from a game's loading screens

shisteer of nothing much

That is a seriously cool picture, Tungro.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Jukka the Sling