Annoying Parts in Redwall

Started by Tiria Wildlough, February 05, 2012, 04:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 06, 2012, 03:59:46 AM
Mariel drives me NUTS!
What about her drives you crazy?
Sorry, I like Mariel so I'm curious about others' opinions.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Dannflower Reguba

So this is like, the ONE time I greatly dislike the invulnarability that others are always talkng about! Mariel goes through a fierce storm gale and is strong enough to fight of a bird with a heavy rope? SURE! Like I'm gonna believe that! Also, she seems to do EVERYTHING. Can anyone recount when Dandin, Durry, or Tarquin did something? Cluny Vs. Gabool who would win? It would be close. Matthias Vs. Mariel who would win? Matthias could kick Mariel's tail around the table and then some! But all Mariel has to do to Gabool is kick wine in his face and smack him once and he's unconcious! Where as Matthias had to fight Cluny for forever! That's why I greatly dislike Mariel.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 06, 2012, 03:01:30 PM
So this is like, the ONE time I greatly dislike the invulnarability that others are always talkng about! Mariel goes through a fierce storm gale and is strong enough to fight of a bird with a heavy rope? SURE! Like I'm gonna believe that! Also, she seems to do EVERYTHING. Can anyone recount when Dandin, Durry, or Tarquin did something? Cluny Vs. Gabool who would win? It would be close. Matthias Vs. Mariel who would win? Matthias could kick Mariel's tail around the table and then some! But all Mariel has to do to Gabool is kick wine in his face and smack him once and he's unconcious! Where as Matthias had to fight Cluny for forever! That's why I greatly dislike Mariel.
1. She does pass out during the storm.  She's not invincible.
2. She's the main character.  She has to do a lot.  Also Dandin and Durry help gather the TRAG force.
3. Did Gabool go unconscious?  I don't think so but I'm not sure.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Søren

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 06, 2012, 03:01:30 PM
Well if you can't believe that Mariel can kick a seagulls tail feathers with a rope, explain how a mouse with a sword kills a wild cat like three times his size! ( Martin vs. Tsarmainia ) Its fantasy not reality.

I'm retired from the forum

Dannflower Reguba

Maybe so but could you imagine having JUST survived a gale, you'd be tired. Yes Gabool is nocked unconcious by the mouse. Martin was well armed in his fight and nearly died whereas Mariel's only injury comes from the wooden spar.

Bragoon

Tsarmina was a fierce, experienced leader, and they were seagulls.  There's hardly a comparison.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflower Reguba

Martin is a highly experianced warrior and was fully armed, Marile had JUST got out and woken from a HUGE storm, and had a HEAVY rope... THAT is no comparison.

Bragoon

I think that makes it more even.  Martin is skilled and ready against a much tougher enemy, and Mariel is less skilled and worn against a cowardly enemy. 

Also, even the heaviest rope isn't terribly heavy.  You might have to wield it differently depending on it's thickness and weight, but if it's thin enough for Mariel to knot it, then it's not going to be all that heavy.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflower Reguba

Umm..... Mariel was just SUDDENLY able to fight spot on with a rope?! That doesn't make sense either!

Bragoon

No-one learns how to fight with a rope, no-one's made up fighting styles using only rope.  It's a rope, you hit people with it.  Toddlers can do that.

Dannflower Reguba

Sureeeeee. Like she can hit things spot on the FIRST time she uses it!

Redwallfan7

I can't stand Cluny and some of the rats.... some of the foxes should have lived longer
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

KaiTheDog

I thought Cluny was more annoying in the cartoon.