News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Annoying Parts in Redwall

Started by Tiria Wildlough, February 05, 2012, 04:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bragoon

It's a pretty basic skill to hit stuff.  Toddlers are good at aiming too.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Bragoon on April 08, 2012, 01:34:55 AM
It's a pretty basic skill to hit stuff.  Toddlers are good at aiming too.
Yes.  Have you never been kicked in the face by a baby or little kid?
And it wasn't Mariel's first time fighting, either, because she'd fought Gabool.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Dannflower Reguba

Which is another thing that irks me, she took him without breaking a sweat, Gabool's no cake walk, yet Mariel with 2 motions had knocked him unconcious. And after that excursion, she isn't TOUCHED by ANYTHING! Even Pakatugg was easy pickins, She has to go and save her friends lives MORE THAN ONCE, you never get to see them do anything.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Bragoon

Gabool was mad as a proverbial "March Hare".  Hardly fighting fit.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflower Reguba

Gabool was perectly fighting fit! The Bloodwrath is a maddening condition and only makes its occupants more dangerous!

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Bragoon

Gabool didn't have the Bloodwrath, he was stark raving mad. 

Dannflower Reguba

And that makes him stark raving DANGEROUS! Not defenseless as a Dibbun!
Mariel is SUCH a Godmoded character!

WildDoogyPlumm

...after she fights Gabool a bunch of guards come and knock her unconscious.  Then she's thrown off a cliff in the middle of a raging storm. 
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Dannflower Reguba

Yea I know... Notice it's a GROUP of guards that have to come get her. Also, I think she is the only good character in the series that threw something in her opponents eyes, that's often considered a cowardly move.

Søren

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 09, 2012, 02:04:05 PM
Yea I know... Notice it's a GROUP of guards that have to come get her. Also, I think she is the only good character in the series that threw something in her opponents eyes, that's often considered a cowardly move.
Marail was not a coward.  >:(

I'm retired from the forum

Dannflower Reguba

I never said that Mariel is a coward, what I said was that the tactic she used is usually considered cowardly. Still waiting for someone to tell me a time when Dandin, Tarquin, or Durry did anything.

Søren

Oh, Ok. Well, I don't know when he did anything but he had to have the sword of Martin the Warrior for something.

I'm retired from the forum

Dannflower Reguba

Not really... Except the lobster thing guarding the flightless sparrow (it is metal) BUT guess who does all the work? Mariel! This si why I hate Mariel.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 09, 2012, 02:04:05 PM
Also, I think she is the only good character in the series that threw something in her opponents eyes, that's often considered a cowardly move.
I think that would be because she is a kid. She can't be expected to do everything right.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dannflower Reguba

I was just remarking on what that tactic is usually considered to be. Nothing more, nothing less.