News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Forum Member Quotes/Sayings

Started by Trigoma, February 19, 2012, 10:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigoma

This aint exactly a game, but its something to do. Just quote a forum member, if you think what they said was good to keep around. Here is one I found.

"The secret to betrayal is knowing when to make your move. You have missed your chance for greatness; and now, as you take your last final breaths, you will die with nothing." -HeadInAnotherGalaxy (From Peace To Protection)
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

DanielofRedwall

"So long, and thanks for all the fish."

That was HIAG, many many times. I won't try his strange way of speaking. It is a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Another one by HIAG, this time from The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe (again said many times):

"Quoth the raven: nevermore".

And one from Lily which I love:

"One of my schools has Mattimeo in Japanese. It's called Little Warrior Mattimeo. From what I've read, it's a very faithful translation. I found the part at the beginning when Brother Rufus is complaining about Matthias' horrible spelling particularly hilarious. The English version has Brother Rufus saying something like,
Quote from: Mattimeo, p20
"Look, Abbot Mordalfus, spelt with one 'b.' Basil Stag Hare, you'd think that was simple enough. Oh no, they've spelt Basil 'Bazzerl' and put an 'e' on the end of Stag!"
In the Japanese version it's not just a matter of spelling, so he complains that they left a bit out from the character for director (which is, interestingly enough, the word they use to refer to the abbot). The funniest bit was when he complained about the mistakes in Basil Stag Hare. It's supposed to be ? (usagi no ojika baajiru), but the children left out a stroke from hare and misspelt Baajiru so it became ? (unagi no ojika bazaaru), which means Bazzar Stag Eel. I love it! I'm thinking of changing my name to Bazzar Stag Eel.

Ahem, sorry, I do like languages, you see... *polishes spectacles and wanders off*"

From "Redwall in something other than English".
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

'*Eats banana* Yeah, that makes sense. I'll do that now.'
-Coobreedan, talking about his site.

*Raises a peice of toast* Oops... :-[ *Raises glass*
To the man who made my enemy my friend via the power of reading!
- Also by Coobreedan. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

winifred

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on February 20, 2012, 09:11:49 AM
'*Eats banana* Yeah, that makes sense. I'll do that now.'
-Coobreedan, talking about his site.

*Raises a peice of toast* Oops... :-[ *Raises glass*
To the man who made my enemy my friend via the power of reading!
- Also by Coobreedan. ;D
That is hilarious!!!!!!!!
One of my favs:
Does expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected?
                                                               ~Nightfire

Mommy who's the crack of dawn?
                             ~my little brother ;D

Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I always liked this one:

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on June 21, 2011, 06:16:41 PM
And the sounds of joy that this site now has a forum rang out loudly through the land. "We have a forum! Hooray! Hooray! We have a forum!"

From 'Welcome to the Redwall Abbey Forum'.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Mad Maudie

QuoteYeah, you know, it's really, like, weathery. Yeah.

in awkward from TOR
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Tiria Wildlough

Aye, this forum is gloriously silly. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

"I had pizza for lunch today. It was one of those DIY freezer pizzas that you have to use half a roll of toilet paper on to soak out all the grease.

It was delicious. ;)"

-from Osu, The Food Topic.

..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Taggerung The Otter

Quote from: Trigoma on February 19, 2012, 10:04:56 PM
This aint exactly a game, but its something to do. Just quote a forum member, if you think what they said was good to keep around. Here is one I found.

"The secret to betrayal is knowing when to make your move. You have missed your chance for greatness; and now, as you take your last final breaths, you will die with nothing." -HeadInAnotherGalaxy (From Peace To Protection)
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Nightfire

..."Where courage hides within the shadows, patience within the storms, friendship around ever corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

From Redwall Musician's signature.  :)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Lady_Gwalia on July 11, 2011, 03:08:47 AM
When I was 5 yrs old, one of the librarians at our local library suggested my mum read Redwall to me. The whole family immediately fell in love with the books. I can remember many nights, curled up on the couch listening to my mum reading Redwall to me. Her mole speech is amazing :) When I was 6 I begged my mother to teach me to read so I could read the rest of the Redwall books myself, because I had decided a few chapters a night was terribly slow. 3 weeks later I was curled up with Lord Brock Tree, and from then on I've been an avid reader of Redwall. I've fallen in love with Mossflower country more and more with each new adventure shared. Brian Jacques was an amazing man. He has given us all an priceless gift by sharing Redwall with us. I was only able to meet Mr. Jacques once, three years ago, but I was struck by his jovial manner and how he truly cared for all of us. I will always remember his promise to keep writing, as long as we keep reading. I'm finishing Reading Rouge crew right now. His last gift to all of us. I know I'll cry harder about this one than I have for any of them. Because this wonderful man has died and this is the last new adventure any of us will share with him, his last gift to us. I miss him greatly, but I'll keep my side of the promise and always keep Redwall close to my heart, and remember with joy the past 11 yrs of new adventures. Our hero is gone, but the effect he has had on our lives will live on as his legacy. Rest in peace, Brian Jacques.
Digging back to the early days
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

DanielofRedwall

I remember reading that. My reaction can be seen if you click on that quote.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Maudie

QuoteDitto

Used many times by many users  ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Maudie

QuoteMy sanity is questionable. -rusvulthesaber

Heeheehee, so true! ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jukka the Sling

That escalated quickly.
~Norham Waterpaw

Charge! *Chargez up zhe ztairz*
~HIAG

;D
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien