News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Hunger Games discussion

Started by BrookSkimmer, March 23, 2012, 11:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlfox Vanish

The hunger games rock!! they are one of my favorite book series!! i am a little obsessed. :P 

Skalrag of Marshank

I saw the movie last week, and I'm gonna see it again this Monday with my school. ;D

I've read the first two Hunger Games books, and half of Mockingjay. I thought the movie was really good. They stuck really close to the book, and I think the actors did a really good job accurately portraying their characters.

Did anyone else who saw the movie notice how shaky the camera was in a lot of parts? I mean, I can understand having it shaky in the beginning where they first step off the pedestal to convey that chaotic feeling, and when Katniss gets stung by the Tracker Jackers (since she's hallucinating), but when they're walking to hear who the tributes are? Really? That single part made it hard to follow what was happening.

Other than that, the movie was awesome. :)
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

MatthiasMan

Boooooooo.  :D I tried reading it but it didn't interest me.  :P At the beginning I didn't know if it was a girl or boy as the main character.  :-[ :-[ Sorry bout that for Hunger Games lovers.  :-[

Icefire

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on April 05, 2012, 07:37:50 PM
Did anyone else who saw the movie notice how shaky the camera was in a lot of parts? I mean, I can understand having it shaky in the beginning where they first step off the pedestal to convey that chaotic feeling, and when Katniss gets stung by the Tracker Jackers (since she's hallucinating), but when they're walking to hear who the tributes are? Really? That single part made it hard to follow what was happening.

I did notice that. There were times when it was annoying, but at the same time I was grateful for it. That's how they managed to keep the violence level down to the point where the movie stayed PG-13.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Mad Maudie

Quote from: Marlfox Vanish on April 04, 2012, 03:14:45 PM
The hunger games rock!! they are one of my favorite book series!! i am a little obsessed. :P 
haha i'm entirely obsessed!
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

MatthiasMan

Well, I like Redwall that much.

Coobreedan

Quote from: Mad Maudie on April 03, 2012, 09:34:17 PM
Quote from: Mad Maudie on March 27, 2012, 02:24:14 AM
The Hunger Games is a young-adult, dystopian novel written by Suzanne Collins. It was originally published on September 14, 2008. The book is the first in The Hunger Games trilogy, followed by Catching Fire, then Mockingjay.

In the novel, the Hunger Games are an annual televised event where the ruthless Capitol randomly selects one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and 18 from each of the twelve districts, putting them against each other in a game of survival where they are forced to fight one another to the death. The victor then wins a new house for themselves and their families in their District, along with food, fame, and wealth.

this cobreedan is the hunger games

Sounds good. I doubt I'll ever get to read them though because I've heard people are obsessed so it might be hard to get my hands on a copy.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

MatthiasMan

I tries to read it, but I didn't know what the heck was going on.

Methuselah

I loved the books! and i liked the movie more than i thought i would, but the camera was really wiggly! TEAM GALE!!!!
REDWALLL! Save the animals! pie/pi! Warriors fan!
"Chop up a rook'n make a soup, Send him to bed wivout any bread, Dip his tail in 'tober ale, an' good ol' magpie pie!!!!" Rollo
People say they can't multi-task, but that means they don't breathe!
R.I.P. Steve Irwin, Brian Jacques, and Methuselah

Mad Maudie

i just finished all the books and now i am drawing katniss all the time i had so much fun with the flames!
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

MatthiasMan

Mad Maudie

the main character duh oh and i'm drawing some of my favorite character including Katniss, Peeta, Finnick, Haymitch, Effie, cinna, and a couple others yeah i don;t like gale like at all and i would say something but it would spoil the entire thing..
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

eualaia2

haymitch was a noob at first XD

Icefire

Quote from: Coobreedan on April 12, 2012, 08:38:22 PM
Quote from: Mad Maudie on April 03, 2012, 09:34:17 PM
Quote from: Mad Maudie on March 27, 2012, 02:24:14 AM
The Hunger Games is a young-adult, dystopian novel written by Suzanne Collins. It was originally published on September 14, 2008. The book is the first in The Hunger Games trilogy, followed by Catching Fire, then Mockingjay.

In the novel, the Hunger Games are an annual televised event where the ruthless Capitol randomly selects one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and 18 from each of the twelve districts, putting them against each other in a game of survival where they are forced to fight one another to the death. The victor then wins a new house for themselves and their families in their District, along with food, fame, and wealth.

this cobreedan is the hunger games

Sounds good. I doubt I'll ever get to read them though because I've heard people are obsessed so it might be hard to get my hands on a copy.

No kidding! There are over 200 people on the holds list at my library! Your best bet would probably be to find a friend who owns it and would be willing to let your borrow it.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!