News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Lord of the Rings

Started by Primrosewarrior, March 30, 2012, 09:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lass of something much

Radagast the brown! is so typical! he is like one of the coolest characters! like, ever!
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

Whatever. He can't be overlooked, even if he is liked by everybeast.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

What are your guys' thoughts on the Hobbit movies? Personally, I can see why the hardcore book fans might dislike it, but I thought they were pretty good. But maybe that's just me.  ^-^
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques <br /><br />"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly." <br /><br />"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."<br /><br />~JRR Tolkien<br /><br />Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

why do they dislike it? I really loved the movies, and I think most of my family do to, sure they missed some bits, and added others, but over all they are very good!
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

The extended versions are good, the cinema versions aren't really worth seeing when the extended version is available.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Jetthebinturong

The second Hobbit movie is one of the worst things I've ever seen. It would be completely unwatchable if it didn't have the bits with Smaug in it. It's just a bunch of action scenes clumsily strung together with no connecting plot, the romance is the worst, and Alfrid's character is completely pointless.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

lass of something much

how so? I don't think any of the characters are "pointless", maybe week, but not pointless.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Jetthebinturong

His only purpose in the story is to menace Bard for a bit. After that he does literally nothing, has no character arc, he's just there for comic relief. Which would be fine if he was actually funny, but he isn't. (Alfrid is the sneaking weasel servant of the Master of Lake Town).

lass of something much

I never thought about it that way, but he is an example of what not to do! XD
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

shisteer of nothing much

It's certainly not the best movie in the world but it's not the worst either. Even if it is basically action all the way through, the action has been pretty well done. Romance is not the point of the movie, story or any other part of it so it doesn't need to be perfect. (In my opinion, it doesn't need to be there at all) As for Alfrid, I agree with you wholeheartedly. He's a completely useless fop and I don't even know why he's there. Still, he's a minor character and his incompetence shouldn't detract much from the movie.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Jetthebinturong

The action scenes are not well done at all imo. And actually the romance is a point of the movie, though it shouldn't be, and that whole plotline is completely stupid and poorly done.

The Shadow of Korriban

One of the only problems I have with The Hobbit films was the CGI.  For movies that were released not very long ago they looked quite unreal every other minute.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Booklover

The thing with The Hobbit movies is that they made changes to make it relevant to LotR, whereas many of the things either weren't major parts of The Hobbit, or weren't there at all. And The Battle of the Five Armies was only two pages or something in the book, but a lot longer in the film. Not all the changes were bad, and I suppose that part of the point was to make it longer, but some were unnecessary.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

The Shadow of Korriban

I actually don't think the movies were that bad.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

lass of something much

nor I. I really enjoyed them, though, some parts did irk me.. buuut, over all they are great movies, not as good as the books, but that's just my option..
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱