News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Lord of the Rings

Started by Primrosewarrior, March 30, 2012, 09:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on May 04, 2015, 03:54:28 PM
REVIVE!

I just realised something. Aragorn married his cousin, Arwen.
She was a very, very distant cousin. After all, she's like 2,690 years older than him...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Dibbun Against Bedtime

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on May 04, 2015, 09:23:13 PM
REVIVE!

She was a very, very distant cousin. After all, she's like 2,690 years older than him...
58th cousin 57 times removed.
"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Dibbun Against Bedtime on May 05, 2015, 12:25:43 AM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on May 04, 2015, 09:23:13 PM
REVIVE!

58th cousin 57 times removed.

Once a cousin, always a cousin.  ;)
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Firehawke

If I remember correctly, some details about their ancestors can be found in The Silmarillion in the Tale of Beren and Luthien.
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Dibbun Against Bedtime

Elros, the first king of Numenor, and Elrond are brothers. Elendil is descended from Numenorean Kings and quite a few KoG and Dunedain Chiefs are leading down to Aragorn.
"An' if on an empty tummy I'm slain,
Then I'll jolly well never get killed again,
So pass the pudden an' fetch those pies,
An' I'll give the foebeast a rotten surprise!"

Lady Ashenwyte

They are also related to Eärendil, the morning star.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Wylder Treejumper

Er, I don't believe you can be related to a Silmaril...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jukka the Sling

Yeah, but Eärendil pilots the ship that has the Silmaril on it.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Feles

Gandalf is related (distantly) to the Balrog and Sauron
im serious

all happen to be my favorite characters
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: CpnRake335 on May 17, 2015, 07:07:14 PM
Gandalf is related (distantly) to the Balrog and Sauron
im serious

all happen to be my favorite characters
They are all Maiar, yeah, but Maiar aren't related as in a family relationship.  But I see what you mean.

Lady Ashenwyte

I found this gem on YouTube. Favourite song.

Jukka the Sling

Reviving because the teaser trailer for Tolkien is here!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Shadow of Korriban

The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Jukka the Sling