News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

We did it!

Started by Trigoma, April 23, 2012, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigoma

My band won the state championship 4A for New Mexico! YUS! Second win for me, fifth win for my band. And its the New Mexico centennial, so they had a special trophy and everything lol. WOOT!

P.S: Percussion rocks :P
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, congrats! What instrument do you play?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skipper

Wow, that's a big acheivement, congratulations :)

Trigoma

@Tiria: I play percussion.

Thanks guys :D
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

MatthiasMan

Wow! That's really awesome! I wish my band was that good. I don't mean to brag but I'm the best player in the band.

Icefire

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Gotta love Percussion! I always wanted to be in that section....I ended up in the woodwinds instead.

So, play any cool pieces?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Trigoma

Mmmm not really. Just "When Angels Weep" was pretty cool-ish.

All the pieces we played are in my siggy.

@Matthias=Its not bragging if its the truth. If you want to be the best, you have to think like you're the best. Thats what my director says. Thats why I have been section leader for 5 yrs now lol.
—Happy Mask Salesman

Icefire

I love Greensleeves! I'm gonna have to look up the other two. Do you play aux. percussion or do you have a specific part or does it change from song to song?

Trigoma

It changes from part to part. For the march I play xylo, for Greensleeves I play marimba, and for When Angels Weep, I play snare.
—Happy Mask Salesman

Icefire

Ah! I see! I take it you have enough percussionists, then? We have 6 percussionists and WAAAYY more than 6 parts, so they run around quite a bit in each song....literally....it's fun to watch! ;D

redwallgurl

Congrats my school band is doing good it won a lot of things for the state. And a bit off topic you knw the scrabble chamois hip winners go to my school out of the whole country
Fun. is a fantastic band.

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Trigoma on April 24, 2012, 02:53:08 AM
@Matthias=Its not bragging if its the truth. If you want to be the best, you have to think like you're the best. Thats what my director says. Thats why I have been section leader for 5 yrs now lol.
Well, I've always been the best, but I was never first chair. This year is my first year in first chair.

Trigoma

@IceFire=Lol well on When Angels Weep, we're running around like maniacs. But the other ones have less parts, so we're more stationary.

@Redwallgurl=Thats cool!

@Matthias=Go for first chair every year man. Its worth it in the end.
—Happy Mask Salesman

rakkety tam

hey congrats dude gotta love precussion
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace