News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Do you listen to the audiobooks?

Started by Osu, June 13, 2011, 03:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily

Quote from: Osu on July 14, 2011, 01:15:54 AM
I got mine from iTunes - it's a pain, but the best I could do. The La Dita bookshop has a few, too. I like listening to the audiobooks while I'm drawing, crocheting, trying to sleep, and on long car trips. ;D
I want to learn to crochet so I can make an otter while listening to the audiobooks. :)

iTunes, you say? I didn't know they were available on iTunes! I will have to see if the Australian store has them.

Gonff

They might be good to listen to because of easy transport, but all we have that can play them is a DVD player so its not that much easier than a book. And I can read a book in the car easier than I can listen to the audiobook because most the time the rest of the family will want to be talking.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Osu

I remember the days when all I had was a DVD player to listen to things. 8< I feel for you.

The iTunes store has quite a few, but they're expensive, and only come in two or so big audiofiles. It's fine, I guess, if you have an mp3 player, but I don't and trying to burn them to a CD means having to stop and restart in the middle of a sentence, sometimes in the middle of a word. Annoying. Very annoying. If y'all can avoid iTunes, I'd recommend it.

I've never crocheted an otter before, just... well, bunnies, as far as animals are concerned. ;D Now you mention it, an otter would be really cute... crochet is easy IMO, especially where most amigurumi are concerned. I'm sure it won't take you long to learn, Lily!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Lily

Quote from: Osu on July 14, 2011, 05:12:45 PM
I've never crocheted an otter before, just... well, bunnies, as far as animals are concerned. ;D Now you mention it, an otter would be really cute... crochet is easy IMO, especially where most amigurumi are concerned. I'm sure it won't take you long to learn, Lily!
I went to the 100 yen store and bought a needle thingy, a book and some wool to try and learn. Wish me luck, I'm no good at crafty things!

Ouch, I just found the audiobooks in the iTunes store... and I bought Rakkety Tam anyway! I can't wait to hear what Doogy sounds like.

Osu

Luck! ;D It's tons of fun once you've got the hang of it. <3

Rakkety Tam was my first audibook, too! XD Wow, I'm excited for you, now!

Redwall Musician

Rackety Tam. Hummmm. To hear Doogy would be cool. They have it at my library. Maybe I should listen to it.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Matthias720

Rakkety Tam is a very good choice in terms of quality for a first audiobook. I approve. ^_^

James Gryphon

The only audiobook I've had a chance to listen to is Redwall, but I was very much impressed with it; just about all of the characters' voices are great, especially Matthias and Cluny's (the ones who matter the most ;)).

I would love to try Mossflower sometime, since it's one of my favorite books.
« Subject to editing »

Lily

I'm really enjoying the Rakkety Tam audiobook! As expected, Tam and Doogy sound great.  ;D I even croched a tiny, uneven square. Progress!

Osu

Aren't they just AWESOME? Eeee! And congrats on the square, haha. ;D A start!

Matthias720

The voice acting in Rakkety Tam is one of the best out of all the audiobooks. The songs are also very good.

Scragg the Weasel

I enjoyed the audiobooks so much that now I read the books I havent yet heard out loud and give each character his or her own accent, tone and speaking speed. I also read the non-dialogue parts with a thick british accent similar to the great Brian Jacques. I also was never a fan of the music or the "slower parts until hearing them so I am going back and rereading every book with a newfound joy.
Where do I sign?

Lutra

Only occasionally if I'm going to be on a long trip and need something to listen to on the way.  Otherwise, I'd much prefer to sit down with the actual book in hand. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Skalrag of Marshank

I've only heard Mariel of Redwall, Eulalia!, and the first three chapters of Redwall. I really like them, though. ;D
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

eualaia

i can imitate doogy plumm XD: AH'M WILD DOOGY PLUMM HAWAAAY THE BRAWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''