News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Do you listen to the audiobooks?

Started by Osu, June 13, 2011, 03:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

I'm going to get the audiobook of High Rhulain. :) I'M SO EXCITED!!!!! ;D ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Matthias720

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on January 09, 2012, 11:19:29 AM
I'm going to get the audiobook of High Rhulain. :) I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!A ;D ;D
Your excitement is justified; the High Rhulain audiobook is that good. ;)

Tiria Wildlough

Wow, thanks! I'll look forward to it. :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Melody

I love listening to the audio books, but I'm having a hard time finding pearls of lutra.

Bragoon

I've listened to five or six.  I prefer to read them and then listen to the audiobook to get the tunes for the songs.

I've listened to Rakkety Tam six or seven times though.  XD  I can sing any song in there from memory.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Ceteruler

I've listened to Rakkety Tam, Redwall, Martin the Warrior, Mossflower, Doomwyte, High Rhulain, uuh... Marlfox (abridged), Mariel of Redwall, and I own Eulalia and Salamandastron.

Melody

I've listened to most of the unabridged ones.

Mad Maudie

i have Salamandastron that was my favorite book for a long time
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

eualaia

wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Rosie Ronan

Here recently I've been borrowing the audio books from the library.  I listen to them while I do my job, which happens to be one that I can do at home.  I work for a fishing rod company and my job is putting on the tip wraps, guides, decal wraps, and hookkeepers on the rods.  It's generally the same thing over and over and it gets dreadfully monotonus (er-spelling?) so audio books are a life savor for me right now.  :)  So far I've listened to Triss (unabridged) and I'm listening to Martin the Warrior right now.
I love hearing all the voices-especially the one belonging to Brian Jacques.
Unfortunatley, the library in my town has a very small selection of Redwall audio books.  :(
Never give up.

Bragoon

*Monotonous  =)

I listen to them at night when I'm in my room, unless I'm reading.  Generally I'm busy during the day, but it's nice to wind down with them in the evening.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Icefire

I don't listen to them. You see, I have my own voices for every part and my own tunes for every song! It really bothers me when I hear a "wrong" voice. One example would be Mariel....that was just not the right voice.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

eualaia

wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Bragoon

If someone abridges a book or essay (thereby rendering it abridged), they remove certain parts of the writing that isn't necessary to the story or to get a point a cross.  So, one might miss some interesting facts if they listened to the abridged versions of the Redwall audiobooks, but it wouldn't take as long to listen to it, nor would greatly effect the individual story of the book. 

I rarely purchase or read abridged books, but I made an exception with my copy of The Count of Monte Cristo.  I need to get another copy, but it was worth it considering how little I paid for it. 

redwallgurl

yeah i get mine from the library and sing all the songs on them to my next door neighbor who hates me for it its so funny i also find alot of good songs on you tube like someone posted all of the songs from an audio book on one its long but really nice
Fun. is a fantastic band.