News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Programming

Started by Redwaller, May 22, 2012, 01:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily

I was a Software Engineer in my previous job, so you probably could have called me a programmer back then. I was never very good at it, though. I like my current job much better, but I'll probably have to return to IT at some stage in the future.

There's nothing quite like that feeling when your code compiles and runs as you expect it to... :)

Dawnwing

I'm a computers major.  So I am good with HTML and CSS, fairly comfortable with Actionscript (used in Adobe Flash), Javascript, and SQL, and I have a basic knowledge of Java and PHP.  I think I'm learning C++ this year.

Lutra

I taught myself html years ago when it was still the primary way to code.  With all the new stuff out there I haven't bothered to go out and learn them.  Any websites I have now, I cheat and use Google Sites.  ;)  Website building for dummies who got left in the past.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwaller

I do HTML, VBScript.

I'm making a redwall website too.

Flandor

My dad is a self-employed Database Engineer.  He codes in a few different languages.  His program is used all over the world as a building block for other peoples computer systems.  Its been used at offices, stores, bowling alleys, and he has customers in almost every industrialized country.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwaller

psybox

I'm going to start trying to learn HTML, as soon as i figure out how to use eclipse for languages that are not java.  Are HTML plugins for eclipse free?  Never mind, i forgot that i have notepad ++

Redwallfan7

my older brother is a computer expert. He took a course in online data  when he was a senior in high school.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

MatthiasMan

If a piece of a computer is broken I an fix it.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Any programmers here?  I know JavaScript, but I'm an expert pro (xD) in Scratch (scratch.mit.edu).
baby turtle forever

Dawnwing

I am! Graduating from college this December, and I do both web stuff (PHP, Javascript, etc) and regular programming (Java, C#, VB).  I've got an internship right now at an insurance company, and am writing stuff in VB.

Russano the Wise

A couple of years ago I did some programming on Roblox with the help of my brother who is great at it. This year I'm going to be learning C# in school. I barely remember anything from programming on Roblox so I'm not sure whether I'll enjoy it or not.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Redwaller

I made a topic some time ago for programmers, but it got lost in about ten pages.

Anyway, I'm a learning programmer(as my sig says), and I'm making a Redwall Website!

Lily

I just merged the two programming topics. Carry on.  :)

Maudie

I could probably be a programmer if I had the recources.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3