News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Leatho Shellhound's Art Requests

Started by Leatho Shellhound, June 11, 2012, 09:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

I like how Illeses shadow is crimson it adds an interesting contrast.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Rainshadow

*Squeals*  AAAARRRTTTTT!!!!!!  :D

Okay, I really like Adam.  He looks nearly exactly how I picture him.  And good job on his outfit!  Lol, his usual attire is pretty simple, though: warm clothing.  He doesn't care about style, he just cares about staying warm because he's always cold.  :P

And with Rainhound,

;D

I also really liked Skarloe.  For Skarzsy, the muscles look seriously cool and realistic.  For Faiy-chan, her design and colouring (mainly the blond hair and orangy-red shirt) reminds me Annabeth Chase.  That's awesome.  ;D

My favourite out of the bunch, though, is a tie between Argunath and Illeses; their outfits and poses look so cool.  :D  (I really like Vevila, too.  I have no idea who she is, but she looks awesome.  Especially that cloak.  Love the cloak.  ;D)

Oh, and also, CENTAAAUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRR.  *Is happy because of centaur*
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on April 15, 2015, 10:29:16 PM
Very nice!

Thanks!

Quote from: Faiyloe on April 16, 2015, 12:54:20 AM
I like how Illeses shadow is crimson it adds an interesting contrast.

Yeah, I came up with that idea and decided to see how it would look. :)

Quote from: Rainshadow on April 16, 2015, 01:45:06 AM
  *Squeals*  AAAARRRTTTTT!!!!!!  :D

Okay, I really like Adam.  He looks nearly exactly how I picture him.  And good job on his outfit!  Lol, his usual attire is pretty simple, though: warm clothing.  He doesn't care about style, he just cares about staying warm because he's always cold.  :P

Oh good, I was hoping I'd get him right.

And with Rainhound,

;D

8) oh yeah!

I also really liked Skarloe.  For Skarzsy, the muscles look seriously cool and realistic.  For Faiy-chan, her design and colouring (mainly the blond hair and orangy-red shirt) reminds me Annabeth Chase.  That's awesome.  ;D

Not boasting or any thing but I looked in the mirror to get the right concept.... I took her outfit from the one she uses for the Art Battle.

Quote from: Rainshadow on April 16, 2015, 01:45:06 AMMy favourite out of the bunch, though, is a tie between Argunath and Illeses; their outfits and poses look so cool.  :D  (I really like Vevila, too.  I have no idea who she is, but she looks awesome.  Especially that cloak.  Love the cloak.  ;D)

Oh, and also, CENTAAAUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRR.  *Is happy because of centaur*

I think they are his D&D characters, I'm glad you like my poses, I've been working on those.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

The Skarzs

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on April 16, 2015, 03:55:17 AM

Not boasting or any thing but I looked in the mirror to get the right concept.... I took her outfit from the one she uses for the Art Battle.
Not boasting or anything but my muscles are bigger than that. 8) ;D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Leatho Shellhound

click the banner

MatthiasMan

Generally awesome here! Awesome improvements! You're getting better every day.

A few notes: When you are drawing your characters, for some reason there's no weight to them. There's one where the guy has his arm behind to support his back as he's lying down, but it doesn't feel like there's any weight on the hand at all. It's like his back is defying gravity.

I suggest watching this video. I found it pretty helpful:
http://community.wacom.com/en/inspiration/blog/2014/october/how-to-draw-and-animate-with-weight/

Just scroll down the page and watch it. I think you'll find it helpful.

Romsca

So are you doing requests with drawings of people now too?

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: MatthiasMan on April 19, 2015, 02:55:09 PM
Generally awesome here! Awesome improvements! You're getting better every day.

A few notes: When you are drawing your characters, for some reason there's no weight to them. There's one where the guy has his arm behind to support his back as he's lying down, but it doesn't feel like there's any weight on the hand at all. It's like his back is defying gravity.

I suggest watching this video. I found it pretty helpful:
http://community.wacom.com/en/inspiration/blog/2014/october/how-to-draw-and-animate-with-weight/

Just scroll down the page and watch it. I think you'll find it helpful.

Thanks so much, and for the tips!

Quote from: Russa Nodrey on April 20, 2015, 03:47:51 PM
Awesome work, Leatho!

Thanks!

Quote from: Romsca on April 20, 2015, 05:46:42 AM
So are you doing requests with drawings of people now too?

Hey Romsca!

Yes, well I do every thing and any thing really.... as long as it's forum standards. :D

click the banner

Romsca

Request cancelled, sorry

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

AbbotAlf0809

Leatho Shellhound

I started a few months ago to draw my favorite scenes from each of the HTTYD books. So now that the final book of the series, book twelve is coming out in 12 days I'm going to count down to the release date with my art.

So with that said, here is book one How to Train Your Dragon. This scene is from the end of the book when they give toothless a viking ceremonial burial after the great battle... will that be the last of Hiccups faithfull hunting dragon? Read the book to find out!

click the banner

Jukka the Sling

Leatho, you just keep getting better and better! :o :o :o  THAT IS SO FANTASTIC I CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT.  And I haven't even read or seen HtTYD.  That water.  That moon.  And is that the aurora borealis?  Ugh, how do you do it?  I could never.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Leatho Shellhound

You're to kind! I assure you, you will make many greater pieces of art in your time!

I do realize that I did not post book 2, the drawing was the only one not finished and hopefully I'll be able to post it at a later date.

Well, on to day three of our count down. This scene was when the three viking heirs and toothless make their daring escape from Fort Sinister in a hot air balloon!

click the banner