News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

POKÉMONS!!!

Started by Redwaller, June 22, 2012, 02:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the new Pokemon?

Yes
No
Dunno

Redwaller

Quote from: cregga rose eyes on February 20, 2013, 08:29:04 PM
Quote from: PluggFiretail on February 18, 2013, 08:04:24 PM
I'm a little excited for the new release of a Pokemon game, like I always am, but I hope after this they don't make any more Pokemon. There's getting to be to many and it's kind of losing its Pokemon feel.

I agree, all the new Pokemon are starting to get a repetitive look.
Or look stupid too.

Kitsune

Orinoco

I agree. After Sinnoh, I kind of strayed from Pokemon, but I got interested again a little while ago (after seeing one of the movies). However, I'm not too thrilled with the Unova Pokemon. I'm okay with some, like Purrloin, Oshawott, Snivy, Minccino, Scraggy, and Axew, but I find most of them to be...stupid. And what's with the psychotically high amount of legendaries? There's twelve! That's crazy compared to Kanto's five.

I'm also not very happy with the sudden seriousness of Team Rocket in the anime (but it is nice that they're not "blasting off" - that got kind of annoying).
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Kitsune

I'm getting Ruby! I know, it's kinda old, but I've ALWAYS had this goal to complete my Leaf Green game. After that, I'll probably try for Diamond.

W0NWILL

Ruby? That's not that old. I own Silver. Not Soul Silver, Silver.
I also want to acquire a Leaf Green, but it's not sold in stores anymore.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah juzt finizhed ze Original Zeriez. 'ere'z ze link:

http://pokemonepisode.org/
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Firehawke

Is anyone else playing the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game???
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

W0NWILL

I want to, but my deep hatred for 3DS' and my small pocket book forbid me from doing so.

Redwaller

Quote from: Firehawke on April 23, 2013, 06:58:12 PM
You mean the thing like Space Explorers?

Kitsune

Quote from: W0NWILL on April 23, 2013, 01:21:42 AM
Ruby? That's not that old. I own Silver. Not Soul Silver, Silver.
I also want to acquire a Leaf Green, but it's not sold in stores anymore.
Not the old Silver game, the new(ish) Heart Gold/Soul Silver game.
Oh! *face palm* I missunderstood! I thought your were correcting me, not telling me what you have. ;D

I have Explorers of Time, not the new one though.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zhouldnae Pikachu by na' be vay pazt level vone-hundred?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

cregga rose eyes

I am.
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Orinoco

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on April 24, 2013, 05:08:42 PM
Zhouldnae Pikachu by na' be vay pazt level vone-hundred?

Probably, but I don't think levels are used in the anime (if that's what you're referring to). Likewise, I don't think Pokemon are limited to the "four move slots" as they are in the games; Pikachu frequently uses more than that.

EDIT: So, after re-watching the anime, I've found out that levels ARE mentioned!

---

I wish I could play the new Mystery Dungeon game, but I don't have (nor do I want to buy) a 3DS.
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zey dae uze levelz, (remember ze Celebi movie?) an' ah zink zey juzt uze different verzionz o' ze zame attackz.

cregga rose eyes

Quote from: Orinoco on February 21, 2013, 03:19:27 PM
I agree. After Sinnoh, I kind of strayed from Pokemon, but I got interested again a little while ago (after seeing one of the movies). However, I'm not too thrilled with the Unova Pokemon. I'm okay with some, like Purrloin, Oshawott, Snivy, Minccino, Scraggy, and Axew, but I find most of them to be...stupid. And what's with the psychotically high amount of legendaries? There's twelve! That's crazy compared to Kanto's five.

I think (this is just what I personally think) is that there are so many more legendaries because they must be really fun to create. I draw Fakemon and I always love making Legendaries.
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays