News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Who is your favorite Villain?

Started by Superdreuzel, June 14, 2011, 04:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizzan

My favoruite villain would be Slagar the Cruel or Chickenhound witch ever you prefer. I think he had one of the most sensible plans especially since he saw Cluny try and fail in a takeover of redwall his goal was simple pure revenge on the place he believed had wronged him greatly. I also like the fact that he is the only villain to appear in more than one book alive and breathing.

sabretache5611

Quote from: Rizzan on July 06, 2011, 08:20:08 PM
My favoruite villain would be Slagar the Cruel or Chickenhound witch ever you prefer. I think he had one of the most sensible plans especially since he saw Cluny try and fail in a takeover of redwall his goal was simple pure revenge on the place he believed had wronged him greatly. I also like the fact that he is the only villain to appear in more than one book alive and breathing.
Liked him when he was slagar, hated him when he was chickenhound.  And no he is not the only villain to appear in more than one book.  the Painted ones are villains that appear in more than one book.  but slagar is the only singular mastermind villain to appear alive in more than one book.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

daskar666

Concerning the painted ones, it would be inaccurate to say that they are the same characters, simply they are the same type of tribe.
(I wouldn't even call them the same tribe because the ones in Long Patrol lived in a different place than the ones in Mattimeo)
Searats and corsairs fall into the same category (same with Flitchaye and the toad tribes)

sabretache5611

Quote from: daskar666 on July 07, 2011, 07:02:40 PM
Concerning the painted ones, it would be inaccurate to say that they are the same characters, simply they are the same type of tribe.
(I wouldn't even call them the same tribe because the ones in Long Patrol lived in a different place than the ones in Mattimeo)
Searats and corsairs fall into the same category (same with Flitchaye and the toad tribes)
oh yeah right...but they are the most reaccuring villainous group besides the searats.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Tiria Wildlough

The painted ones are boring.
Oh, and I forgot to mention Damug Warfang. He would have won had it not been for the fact that there were two armies up against him, and Cregga's bloodwrath.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

I personally like Stonefleck. His horde mightae beaten Mathias and the others had the Sparra not joined in.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

Blaggut! He's awesome! Rasconza, and Cluny the Scourge also. I absolutely LOVE rats! It kinda bugs me that with like, one exception, all the rats in the Redwall books were evil. I mean, come on, I love the Redwall books sooooo much, but it's kind of stereotypical to label rats as always having to be evil.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Osu

Don't think of them being evil because they're rats, but rather they're rats because they're evil. I can't for the life of me remember where I read that quote... :(

On that subject, the flower queen (or whatever that hedgehog lady called herself) from Doomwyte was certainly an... interesting villain.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Nightfire

That quote would be said by the esteemed and late Mr. Jacques.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

rakkety tam

hands down gulo hes awsome and he eats his victims hardcore man
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

daskar666

While Slagar was certainly the only villain to have been a character in multiple books, the searat Ripfang presents an....interesting case.
Although Brian Jacques had himself confirmed that Lord Brocktree's Ripfang=/=Mossflower's Ripfang it's pretty clear that he originally meant for them to be one and the same, and only realized a flaw with it after Lord Brocktree was published.
Additionally when Luke comes back to the region of his caves on the Goreleech in Legend of Luke, Vilu Daskar seems to have been EXPECTING the caves to be empty. Could it be possible that at some point in the story he made some sort of deal with Ripfang (the one in Mossflower) to raid the caves? Timballisto was, after all, found on Ripfang's ship.

Nightfire

Log-a-Log

Quote from: daskar666 on July 20, 2011, 06:47:34 PM
While Slagar was certainly the only villain to have been a character in multiple books, the searat Ripfang presents an....interesting case.
Although Brian Jacques had himself confirmed that Lord Brocktree's Ripfang=/=Mossflower's Ripfang it's pretty clear that he originally meant for them to be one and the same, and only realized a flaw with it after Lord Brocktree was published.
Additionally when Luke comes back to the region of his caves on the Goreleech in Legend of Luke, Vilu Daskar seems to have been EXPECTING the caves to be empty. Could it be possible that at some point in the story he made some sort of deal with Ripfang (the one in Mossflower) to raid the caves? Timballisto was, after all, found on Ripfang's ship.
That's an interesting idea, although I can't picture searats working together
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Folgrimeo

Ruggan Bor from "Taggerung". He doesn't show up until near the end, but he leaves such an impression that he easily overshadowed the other vermin for me. Piercing stare, cautious, and not easily fooled. And quite handsome too.

There's also Gulo from "Rakkety Tam" for, yes, his cannibalistic behavior which makes him scary. But then I saw Razzid Wearat in "The Rogue Crew" and changed my mind. Razzid can be very scary.

The duo of Badrang and Clogg was great, both from "Martin the Warrior". It was great to try to take sides, and Badrang is undeniably good-looking in the cartoon. However, I misread Clogg's description at first and imagined him as a stoat version of Captain Jack Sparrow (kinda like how he looks on the Russian cover for the book). Which made both villains look great.

Honorable mention to Slagar from "Mattimeo". Partly because he's a fox, but mostly because of his portrayal (and voice acting) in the cartoon. I know Cluny's pretty much the perfect villain since he formed the expectations to follow, but Slagar as a villain is just more fun.

Log-a-Log

Yeah, Ruggan Bor was intimidating, but controlled and didn't show his emotions, which made him less vulnerable
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart