News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Anthrocon: Who's heard of it?

Started by Redwallfan7, June 27, 2012, 07:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

I like furries, (anthropomorphic animals) and I came across this event that they have where everything focuses on those kinds of animals. You can dress up as an animal or play games or buy artwork. I actually didn't know there was a thing dedicated to that.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

I know right? I want to go to one. I wonder how expensive they are
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

I know! I want to go too! So we could find one... And each of us pays half of the entrance fee!

;D
That's either a type of Sarcasm or really close to it!

P.S. We were having a conversation about sarcasim in another topic.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

okay, I know, I' was trying to think of something, but I didn't have an idea.

Tiria Wildlough

Aw, I wish I could go, but it's probably on the other side of the world. :(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

It looks really cheesy, but hey.  ;D

WarriorOfMossflower

Oh, wow! Wish I could go, but like Tiria said, probably on the other side of the world.

I would do a Sonic the Hedgehog character or (are Redwall characters considered anthropomorthic?) a Redwall character.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Redwallfan7

Redwall characters are considered anthropomorphic, because they talk, eat food that would get their species sick in real life, and wear clothes. An anthropomorphic animal fits into some or all of those categories.

WarriorOfMossflower

Ah. Thankee! Then I would be Martin the Warrior...or maybe Mariel or Sayna or...there's too many to choose from! I'll just be Pikachu. lol

Redwallfan7

Lol, I'd be Abess Mhera from Taggerung  ;D

WarriorOfMossflower

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice... I'd be Tagg.
Lol, just realised that most of the characters I'm wanting to do are male. And I'm female... xD

Dannflower Reguba

Anthropomorphic: An animal that has been given human like traits and characteristics. (this is BASED off a dictionary, not the EXACT definition)

I'd be DANNFLOWER REGUBA!  ;D (or Samkim)
Or maybe one of my RP characters.

Redwallfan7

Lutra

Just to clarify, I don't know how much reading you've done on furry conventions...most people at these things are adults twice your age, and not all artwork is...shall I say appropriate.  Just something to think about given your own ages (if you're not lying in your profiles).  I'm sure its a great event, but realize the expectations before jumping in with both feet first. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra