News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Lego: (non Redwall)

Started by Griffen, July 02, 2012, 05:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

what should we build first? (give me ideas so i can add them)

ship (water)
8 (28.6%)
ship (air)
5 (17.9%)
ship (space)
12 (42.9%)
car
1 (3.6%)
city
2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

LT Sandpaw

Hey a lego topic I built several creations and made a few stop motion videos of  them. Unlike most people I don't buy sets but go to Pawn stores and the like to buy mass boxes of the things for cheap. No kidding I got three massive boxes full of legos for ten bucks. Whaaaaat! That's how its done son.

So anyway I like building anything that comes to mind but I haven't for a while, its sad, I used to be able to sit for hours placing one brick on top of another until I got the creation just right. Haven't played with my legos for almost two years now and I have so many!

Oh and Buzz_Bumble please refrain from calling American's Lazy, its irksome.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jetthebinturong

Everyone except most Americans says LEGO. The LEGO company says LEGO, LEGOs isn't a word. The plural of LEGO is LEGO. It comes from Denmark and the Danish say LEGO therefore it is LEGO. Anyone who says LEGOs is wrong.

I made a bunch of Skulduggery Pleasant LEGO stuff
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/409951
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/409952
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/409953
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/410316
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/410317

I have more but my camera is out of battery
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

James Gryphon

QuoteOh and Buzz_Bumble please refrain from calling American's Lazy, its irksome.
Mod: Besides the fact that this smacks of backseat moderating, Buzz hasn't posted in close to two years. I'm not sure it does much good to complain about anything they said now.

---

As far as the name thing goes... everyone I've ever heard refers to them as LEGOs. English (American English, anyway, I don't know about what they say over the pond) isn't usually that big on the whole concept of singular and plural nouns being the same. Anyway, if people referred to them as "LEGO blocks/bricks", it isn't that big of a leap to cut block or brick out of the sentence and leave the S.

I used to have a lot of fun with LEGOs/Legos/whatever, but I sold most of them a few years back at a garage sale. It was for a good cause, and I'm sure the people who bought it got more use out of it than I had, so I suppose it worked out. I wouldn't mind getting more, but they seem to be so expensive these days. The idea of looking for second-hand is a good one, though.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: James Gryphon on April 10, 2015, 05:35:18 PM
QuoteOh and Buzz_Bumble please refrain from calling American's Lazy, its irksome.
Mod: Besides the fact that this smacks of backseat moderating, Buzz hasn't posted in close to two years. I'm not sure it does much good to complain about anything they said now.

Right...

So you sold all of yours, how much did you get out of it? I'm considering doing such but they do hold a sentimental value that wont be stated though a few dollars.

James Gryphon

Technically I didn't get any; it was for a youth fundraiser. I think they sold it for no more than $10 or $15, though. My collection wasn't the biggest out there, but it had enough; you'd be very hard-pressed to get anywhere near that kind of a deal outside of a garage sale.

They say the price is about 10 cents a brick for sets nowadays. If you do sell your collection, I'd recommend doing an inventory so you can make sure you don't undersell and give away like 1,000 bricks for $20. ;)
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

Hm, that would get me *Pulls out calculator* around 2,000$ not bad, probably not near as much as I paid for it but oh well. I might but its hard to get rid of
these things sometimes, I most likely wont be able to lug them around in the military and a extra four grand wont go amiss. Aaagh choices!

Two grand not four, messed up my math, I thought that didn't sound right.

Izeroth

I used to be really into Legos. I don't really buy any new sets nowadays, but I have lots of old ones.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on April 10, 2015, 05:23:36 PM
Everyone except most Americans says LEGO. The LEGO company says LEGO, LEGOs isn't a word. The plural of LEGO is LEGO. It comes from Denmark and the Danish say LEGO therefore it is LEGO. Anyone who says LEGOs is wrong.

I made a bunch of Skulduggery Pleasant LEGO stuff

I have more but my camera is out of battery

I know this is off subject,... but you have playmobil! Awesome

as seen in this picture to the right
Spoiler
[close]

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Jetthebinturong

It's useful for keeping tiny parts in it. I probably have more somewhere, no idea where though. I keep my LEGO crystals in it
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Lady Ashenwyte

Does anyone here own some of the new LEGO Bluecoats Pirates sets?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

CaptainRocktree

Need a little revive!

I know people are always saying "LEGOs/Lego's/Lego are just for younger kids" I personally love Legos, I don't have a huge collection.. But I have a few sets I like. Such as Bag End, Rivendell, LOTR pirate ship ambush (If you don't what that is just google it), I have a minecraft set I got for my birthday, And some things I made on my own.. (Like Laketown, and Redwall) I enjoy collecting Lego minifigures also!
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Lady Ashenwyte

Gosh, the LEGO Minecraft sets are horrible. I don't like them one bit.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

Yeah, LEGO coulda stayed away from Mojang on that one. I'd hoped that when Microsoft bought Minecraft, they would discontinue the line, but no.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

CaptainRocktree

The one I have is alright, In my opinion its the only good one out of the series.

I found a company called Sheng Yuan (Based in China) That makes there own minifigures based off of various LEGO brands. For example, I got a set of 4 LEGO knights/archers, 1 LEGO knight captain sorta guy, A LEGO medieval knight jouster that comes with a lance, The LEGO King, And a LEGO Horse for about $6.50.  Even though they make the Legos themselves the quality is exactly the same in my opinion.

Sorry for my bad medieval usage.. I'm quickly typing this since I'm in the middle of playing Halo.
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Hickory

I was just playing Halo with my dad. I nailed him with a plasma grenade like that. He's kinda a noob.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.