Which characters appear in multiple books?

Started by Felldoh154, July 05, 2012, 06:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felldoh154

I know Constance/matthias/cregga/cornflower and Some others are involved in more than 1 book. What other characters are in multiple books? Which character is in the most books?

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Felldoh154

He's not actually physically involved - that's his " spirit "

AbbotAlf0805

But when he is alive he is in three books.
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Dannflower Reguba

Rufe Brush (WHOO!) ,Dandin, Mariel, Saxtus, mother Mellus, Joseph the Bellmaker, Rosie (forgot her husbands name  :-[), and countless others from those two books. (Mariel of Redwall, The Bellmaker)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Felldoh154

So basically all the ones in mattimeo and redwall and all the ones in Mariel and bell maker. Who has been in the most books though? I think cregga was in what? 3?

Lutra

Most everyone in Redwall is in Mattimeo...that's the one instance where most of the cast of characters of the earlier book end up in the next book.  The remainder of the books are usually spaced so far apart in time that nobody survives long enough to make it through multiple books.

One off the top of my head in multiple books is Lady Cregga Roseyes.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Felldoh154

Ya it's rare that they are in more than 1 book. Generally mr. J tosses all his characters and then starts with a whole bunch of new ones - I don't know about you but I have tried writing before and I can't imagine trying to make new sets of characters over and over

Bragoon

Mattimeo, Pearls of Lutra, the Long Patrol, Marlfox, and Taggerung were a long string in which many characters in which many characters survived through to the next book.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Redwallfan7

I know that Martin (the first one) appeared in Martin the Warrior, Mossflower, and The Legend of Luke
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Felldoh154

So Martin and cregga were the ones in the most books?

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Felldoh154 on July 05, 2012, 10:47:41 PM
So Martin and cregga were the ones in the most books?
That's what I'm guessing, yes.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flandor

"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Flandor

Yeah, she was in Mossflower, Legend of Luke, and Outcast of Redwall.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer