News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Wooden Swords

Started by MatthiasMan, July 08, 2012, 05:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

hey MatthiasMan, can I send you a message?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rusvul

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rusvul

medeval kind of knife, like two inches long, if you draw it you have to draw blood, even if its your own.

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on July 26, 2012, 12:05:31 AM
hey MatthiasMan, can I send you a message?
Yeah sure. I'll be on once in every while. So I can talk to you but I won't be very active on here. OK? And did I post earlier that it's one week? Now it's 2 for not making my bed in the morning. :-\

W0NWILL

Wow. Anyway, I'm looking high and low for a branch to whittle into a rapier with no luck so far.

Rusvul

lol, rapiers and sabres are the best kind of weapons. basket hilted claymores, glaives, and cutlasses are good too.

W0NWILL

Right now, with the help of dad, I'm making a steampunk sabre. It's gonna have tubes and gears and an air tank for a hand guard.

Rusvul

nice. steampunk stuff is interesting.. what if humanity had taken the clockwork and steam power rout and not the electrics and gas? it would be interesting. (sorry off topic) i have a very large wooden katana. ish. not sure if katana is totally accurate. the handle comes up to my chin. (i'm not extremely tall)

UNKN0WN

Have you guys ever heard of Boffer? or LARP? or even Swordtag? (If you have PM me)

Rusvul

boffer? no. swordtag? no. larp? YES!

UNKN0WN

swordtag, it's basically tag with swords. NOT REAL SWORDS but ones made of PVC (plastic pipe) and Foam

Redwaller

*Bump* I tried making a sword, but it came out not so good. I'll try to make a better one soon.

Leatho Shellhound

Here is the one I made

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Maudie

My brother loves making wooden swords, but his don't have a cross-hilt.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3