News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Wooden Swords

Started by MatthiasMan, July 08, 2012, 05:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatthiasMan

K, so I'm working on making wooden swords and I keep them in the woods in my backyard. Any body else make swords here?

Redwaller

I make swords but nothing fancy. I use branches and i don't make them sharp or anything.

Leatho Shellhound

I make swords...I sharpen them and paint them.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rusvul

i make metal swords and sharpen them :D i also make wood ones but i make metal more often. (i take a blacksmith class) well actually i havent made any swords yet just knives and an axe, i'm working on a sabre and a giant double-headed leaf-bladed spear.

MatthiasMan

One I had I was going to make a sheath for but it broke because it was so old. Anybody here kno how to make a sheath? You can make them out of duct tape.

Rusvul

duck tape sheathes are nice. duck tape is awesome. if its a shorter blade and you have access to it you can use leather, for longer blades i have absolutely no idea. if you want, you could prolly use boiled leather, its a lot stiffer

redwallgurl

i have a wooden sword infact. it was form my birthday party when i was 4. it was used to wack a pinate for my pirate theme. one time i had it downstairs and i insulted my friend and she grabbed the word and started addling me hard. Luv her!
Fun. is a fantastic band.

W0NWILL

I did not make these, my dad did.

Redwaller

Do you speak french WONWILL?

W0NWILL

Er, no, why? That is unless you count german and english as french.

MatthiasMan

On topic guys.

Wonwill that sword is very very good! How long did it take you to make it? Did you use electrical appliances? My parents would kill me if I used any saws or such to make a sword.

W0NWILL

QuoteI did not make these, my dad did.

He used saws and such, and it took about two or three months, off and on. Mostly off. It was for a link cosplay. He's a carpenter, so carping things is his business.

MatthiasMan

Oooohh. Well tell him I say really nice job on that. It looks great! Like a real sword. ;D

I wish I had my first sword. It broke in half because the wood was not strong enough.

Rainshadow

I just take sticks and tie duct tape on them for a handle.  Very, very simple swords.  Effective, but simple.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

eualaia

i made a wooden claymore but i broke it over my practice dummy :/
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''