News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Good old movies

Started by winifred, July 10, 2012, 01:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favourite?

The A-team
3 (42.9%)
Knightrider
1 (14.3%)
Macgyver *spelling*
4 (57.1%)
The dukes of hasard
2 (28.6%)
The rifleman
0 (0%)
Bananza
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

The Witessss

the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

Sebias of Redwall

We get rather side tracked, don't we. ;D
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Witessss

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Delthion

If this is a topic about old movies Metropolis must be included.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Witessss

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Witessss

okay, that actually looks pretty good. honestly, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is the best, hands down. I also like all the monster movies (black and white) and I love most all musicals and old movies. the best shows are as follows: Gilligan's Island, The Munsters, I love Lucy, I Dream of Jeanie, and Bewitched.

Chipster of Noonvale

I used to watch old films a lot from the 1930s to the 1960s, mostly on cable channel TCM.  But these days, it feels like I've seen nearly all the good ones.  Pretty much all that's left are more obscure silents, short films and foreign films, but all three of these can be hard to legally obtain :-\ I haven't watched many old TV shows, apart from a handful of live teleplays from the 1950s.

Among the films mentioned so far in this thread:

• Metropolis was really amazing.
  • I saw Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein, but not Young Frankenstein.  I'm not really into horror, but I still enjoyed then.
  • I saw the original Planet of the Apes, and only the one, I didn't watch any of the manu sequels and remakes.
  • Seven Brides for Seven Brothers was really nice too.

Ouroboros

Tungro

Delthion

Quote from: Chipster of Noonvale on March 26, 2019, 02:32:21 AM
I used to watch old films a lot from the 1930s to the 1960s, mostly on cable channel TCM.  But these days, it feels like I've seen nearly all the good ones.  Pretty much all that's left are more obscure silents, short films and foreign films, but all three of these can be hard to legally obtain :-\ I haven't watched many old TV shows, apart from a handful of live teleplays from the 1950s.

Among the films mentioned so far in this thread:

• Metropolis was really amazing.
  • I saw Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein, but not Young Frankenstein.  I'm not really into horror, but I still enjoyed then.
  • I saw the original Planet of the Apes, and only the one, I didn't watch any of the manu sequels and remakes.
  • Seven Brides for Seven Brothers was really nice too.

Yeah, Young Frankenstein isn't actually old, it was just done in black and white to better fit with what they wanted the theme to be.

The Witessss

I may look into that movie(s).

Nadaz, voice of the host

If y'all are talking about really old movies I have to admit I like the son of monte cristo (1940)
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

The Witessss

Quote from: Ouroboros on March 26, 2019, 10:50:25 AM
Define "old."

i think for the most part older than the 80's.