Redwall movie idea- NEW

Started by abbotsrboss, July 15, 2012, 01:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is this a good idea or a bad idea?

good
bad
ok

DanielofRedwall

Tiria and I live in Australia. "M" is sort of the middle rating, we don't have PG-13. Movies like LOTR, Prince Caspian and the later Harry Potter films were rated "M", as well as lots of adult-aimed films like The Descedants. "PG" is below that, movies like Legend of the Guardians, the early Harry Potters and a few kids and adult films are rated that, and below that is "G", where the really clean movies are. The really violent films are "MA" (Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down) or "R" (Pulp Fiction). This (official website) and this (Wikipedia) will provide more info.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Felldoh154

And they rate movies M?? Wow, weird!  Never heard of that before!

Tiria Wildlough

Yep. I've never watched an M movie, but I would if it was Redwall.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

abbotsrboss

:)Thats really interesting that M is a movie rating in other parts of the world!  I never knew that! About the whole fans as actors.... I didnt really have anyone set in stone for the actors.  I was thinking that rather unkown actors could play the roles. I don't really know why I wamt that, I just do.
Feel free to cast Redwall yourself.
I wish I was as wise as a Redwall Abbot

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 16, 2012, 03:27:19 AM
Tiria and I live in Australia. "M" is sort of the middle rating, we don't have PG-13. Movies like LOTR, Prince Caspian and the later Harry Potter films were rated "M". "PG" is below that, movies like "Legend of the Guardians" and a few kids and adult films are rated that, and below that is "G", where the really clean movies are. The really violent films are "MA" or "R".

Do you guys have movie ratings for worse? In the USA (I'm not proud of this) we have a rating ccalled NC-17........... That's REALLLLLLYY bad!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

What does that stand for?
I think the worst Australian rating is either R or X, and I've never heard of any movies rated those.
I'm not a hipster.

psybox

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: danflorreguba on July 16, 2012, 03:54:27 AM
Tiria and I live in Australia. "M" is sort of the middle rating, we don't have PG-13. Movies like LOTR, Prince Caspian and the later Harry Potter films were rated "M". "PG" is below that, movies like "Legend of the Guardians" and a few kids and adult films are rated that, and below that is "G", where the really clean movies are. The really violent films are "MA" or "R".

Do you guys have movie ratings for worse? In the USA (I'm not proud of this) we have a rating ccalled NC-17........... That's REALLLLLLYY bad!
"R" is the worst which you can actually buy, it's for over 18s only and is for the really graphic films. "X" is for films which are so graphic they can't be purchased at any shop, but they are allowed to be owned in only one state (everywhere else it is banned, according to Wikipedia). Those are the really, REALLY bad ones. I've edited my original post wirh more info, if you're interested. Anyway, back on topic...

If you want actors for a Redwall movie, perhaps they could use motion capture like they used for Gollum in LOTR. I would probably prefer CGI animation, though, like Legend of the Guardians. I would like the movie to be aimed at an older audience then Guardians though.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 16, 2012, 05:40:43 AM
Quote from: danflorreguba on July 16, 2012, 03:54:27 AM

"R" is the worst which you can actually buy, it's for over 18s only and is for the really graphic films. "X" is for films which are so graphic they can't be purchased, but they are allowed to be owned in only one state (everywhere else it is banned, according to Wikipedia). Those are the really, REALLY bad ones. I've edited my original post wirh more info, if you're interested. Anyway, back on topic...

If you want actors for a Redwall movie, perhaps they could use motion capture like they used for Gollum in LOTR. I would probably prefer CGI animation, though, like Legend of the Guardians. I would like the movie to be aimed at an older audience then Guardians though.
x is for explicit sex, drugs, and violence right
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Felldoh154

Basically ya, x means it is the absolute worst of everything

Flandor

My apologies about the ratings, I didn't realize M was a rating in Australia.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

MatthiasMan

How about the movie is like the way The Tale Of Despereaux was made? That same animation but make the mice and everything look like the Redwall animals? It would make sense but I always imagined the Redwall books as if they were as big as humans but the badgers were just always 8 feet tall.

Felldoh154

Dannflower Reguba

No, Mariel is the most jacked up character in the series... I don't want to be rude to anyone who likes her.... But personally, I pretty much hate her.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

Off-topic, Dann.
Anyway, I don't want a Redwall movie to be animated. I want the animals to look like the ones in the Narnia movies.
I'm not a hipster.