redwall abbey; even though it's not real, does it still feel like it sometimes?

Started by mattimouse20, July 17, 2012, 08:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cregga rose eyes

Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: cregga rose eyes on April 27, 2013, 04:57:31 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on April 27, 2013, 03:57:11 AM
Quote from: Shadowed One on April 25, 2013, 09:36:52 PM
The same way you know it exists!
But then why didn't anybody else figure out its existence before him??

Maybe no one looked hard enough.
Yes, BJ was a great man, probubly the reason about how he found Redwall Abbey. Do you think he ever visited that world?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Shadowed One

Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

sir squidsalot

I think in theory it does exist in an alternate dimension, anything and everything does.

Redwallfan7

I think it would be cool if a replica of the abbey was made that people could actually visit.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tam and Martin

Yes and it had everything in redwall and they would get a tour and...there's so many other things!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ajc3000fox

I think i know what is meant here. Often times, despite knowing Redwall if fictional, i expect to be able to find it. Like i could actually journey to mossflower and visit....It a wonderful the Jacques could create a world that could do that.
"The way is dangerous, take this." " A gift? Will it protect me?" No, a sword is never a gift. It only brings death. It is a curse and gives you the duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I hope one day you will forgive me."

https://www.facebook.com/RedwallSeries

CrazyPug37

A real-life Redwall series theme park with a real Redwall building where they offer you Redwall-caliber feasts is something I've dreamed of for a long time.

Also, a Salamandastron building would be cool.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Ungatt Trunn

Shadowed One

Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Shadowed One on May 09, 2013, 06:37:07 PM
I want to be rich and build it, then I could live there!
Yea, but it just wouldn't be the same if it wasn't in the World of Redwall Abbey :-\

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on July 18, 2012, 12:07:24 PM
How do we know it's not real?
Exactly! Sometimes when I'm feeling weirder than usual, I wonder about some really strange stuff. Like, are events in books really real in some other plane of existence/dimension? Are authors just aware somehow of these events and that's how they get their "story ideas"? Or do these things happen because they wrote them? What about us? Are we just characters in some book? Is some author "out there" aware of our stories or is the author "writing" us?
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Kitsune

That sounds a bit like Tolkien! He said that when you write, you create that world, or something like that. Not in reallity, though. :-\

MarielGullwhacker

Redwall Abbey feels very real to me. Brian Jacques was such an amazing, masterful storyteller. He was just so very gifted and his imagery is so precise and outta this world, you really can close your eyes and picture all the details perfectly. He was a genious, and I love his works...including Castaways of the Flying Duchman series; wow, it's awesome.

I find myself seeing little creatures out and about in my daily life and I think to myself, "oh look! there goes Triss!", or "OMGosh, there is a mouse in the garage, could it be Martin?" etc.

SO much fun, Brian's gift to us! Redwall Abbey seems very real to me. I often wish there would be a really cool Redwall boardgame, with little character pieces you get to move around the board, and flip cards and such.