News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Do you like the epilouges and the prologues in the books?

Started by Redwallfan7, July 18, 2012, 06:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

I love them
12 (46.2%)
I like them
11 (42.3%)
eh.. they're okay
3 (11.5%)
I hate them!
0 (0%)
what are those?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

Redwallfan7

I think it's cool to see the first person POV, but I think I prefer it when it's in third person
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

Yes, I cannot write in first person unless the character is me, but it's cool to see first person.

redwallgurl

Fun. is a fantastic band.

Redwallfan7

Tiria Wildlough

Me too.
Yeah, I like them, but if they're just a poem or something, I tend to skip over them a bit.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

I actually really like them.  I think it's fun to discover what character was actually writing, or how the story is remembered in Redwall history.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Lutra

Wonder who moved the topic here .... I thought it was fine in the General section because I saw it there yesterday.  ???

Anyhoo....prologues I don't see as altogether necessary.  If you simply entered into the story I don't see the prologue offering readers any more vital information to the story that they could not have picked up from just reading.  Epilogues...those I like more, because in most cases, it ties up loose ends so that there is no "What did such-n-such do?"
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tannsrall

It is always fun to see what your favorites characters did afterwards.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

GeminyaTome

I always loved them. If I just got the book, I would read the prologue to wet my appetite. It worked! More often than not, I ended up flipping the page to begin..... :)
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Leatho Shellhound

They are Awesome....I liked the one in Martin the Warrior the best.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwallfan7

phoenixfoden

Tam and Martin

Sometimes I feel like it takes away from the book. But it answers alot.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000