News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Brave

Started by mattimouse20, July 21, 2012, 06:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gingivere Greeneyes

So I just got back from watching the movie Brave. It was epic! Hilarious, exciting and heartbreaking all at the same time! Throught the movie I couldn't stop imagining Merida and her family as Badgers, the short clan as shrews, the tall ones as otters and the big ones as hares! If you have seen this movie, talk about it in all it's epicness!
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

Rainshadow

I love the triplets and King Fergus!  Also the three young men.  Especially the one that was really fat and you couldn't understand him.  That was funny!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

I love Brave! It's Pixar's strongest film, in my opinion.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lily

We already had a topic for this movie, so I merged the two. Carry on! :)

Unfortunately, I haven't seen Brave and the theatre near me is only showing it in Japanese. I can understand Japanese, but it's just not the same without the Scottish accents! I think I may have to go to a bigger city to see it. It looks so good.

Georgiana

I saw Brave on its last day in theaters. I loved it! It was my favorite storyline of any animated movie yet, even more so than How to Train Your Dragon, which I also really love. I also loved that it was set in Scotland, because I am dying to go there one day. I love archery too, so I was quite happy that Merida was an archer.

Rainshadow

I can't tell which one I liked more:  Brave or How to Train Your Dragon.  That's gonna bug me now.  Ugh.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

I want to see How to Train Your Dragon!
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on August 13, 2012, 12:44:03 AM

Great movie! (HTTYD)
I want to see Brave SSSSOOOO bad! My dad said it was pretty good. (lol, yes my dad saw it before I did)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Brave is awesome!  You must go see it!

Redwallfan7

Quote from: danflorreguba on August 13, 2012, 12:52:04 AM
Quote from: Redwallfan7 on August 13, 2012, 12:44:03 AM

Great movie! (HTTYD)
I want to see Brave SSSSOOOO bad! My dad said it was pretty good. (lol, yes my dad saw it before I did)
Brave was great

Lily

The nearest cinema to me that's showing Brave in English is two hours away... d'oh! I think I might just see it in Japanese and get my Scottish accent fix later.

Redwallfan7

I don't think I could ever understand Japanese in the movies, even if it's a movie that I know really well. How do you understand it so good, Lily?

psybox

she lives in japan.

Dawnwing

I saw Brave last week.  It was pretty good, like all Pixar movies, though not one of my favorites of theirs.  I'm not sure what my favorite part was.  I liked the music a lot.  My only real complaint was that a lot of the scenery, etc. was blurry. They have the ability to render it very clearly - you could see it when the camera was, like, still, or when they were closer to the ground, but the farther-away shots, or the times when she was running or riding her horse, were annoyingly blurry (I know some of that is motion blur, but really they did that a bit excessively.)

UNKN0WN

It looks rather good