News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Dragon book you are writing

Started by Leatho Shellhound, July 24, 2012, 06:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

I am writing a dragon book with my sister and I saw that other people were too so I made this topic.

Rules:  1 Do not take others ideas without asking them.
           2 Do not post your whole story here, just tell us about it.
           3 Think of others before you post (So don't say to many bad things about others work for no reason).
           4 have fun

Ok My story that my sister (Cornflower Fieldmouse) and I are writing is called The Quest of the Dragons and it is about a girl named Salindra who wants to fight in battle with her brothers. And things happen and than she is  given an egg which is a dragon egg. The dragon can  breaths ice and snow (He himself is blue) and can turn into a boy with wings. There are other dragons as well; Red, Yellow, Purple, Orange, Green and Black who all have masters. The Black Dragon is bad and he captures the Yellow dragon and the rest are going to try to free her. That is the best I can do to put it in a nutshell. It sounds better when you read the book/story......It isn't finished though.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rusvul

i think we will see lots of eragon-esque stories here lol :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Rainshadow

I'm writing a story about an elven girl named Ash who is chosen to be a Dragonrider.  She's handed an egg and brought to the Isle of Riders, where she's to train.  She has a classmate named Jake, his dragon Koel, and Ash's dragon Ardet.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tiria Wildlough

I'm going to write one about a girl called Orlonta who lives near a mountain which has dragons. There are water dragons too. One day she and her friends save a strange couple from a water dragon, and I can't tell you any more because I haven't really planned it past that point.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dawnwing

I used to be trying to write a dragon book - a dragon is born, the subject of a prophecy, and the evil dragon king wants to find and kill whatever dragon this prophecy refers to.  I got rather far too - sixtysomething pages in Microsoft Word.  However, several things made me stop writing it: the third Eragon came out with some things in it that were similar (for example, being able to store energy in gems), I noticed a bunch of similarities to Spyro games.  My mom happened to look at the screen when I was writing it, pointed at the evil king's name, and said, "I went to high school with a guy with that last name".  (I'd never heard the last name before in my life, but apparently it's common in the town she grew up in not far from where I live.)  And of course, my main character was named Celestia, and then My Little Pony Friendship is Magic comes out five years later...
I do like several of the characters I came up with, though, so I want to hang onto them and their names in case one day I ever get around to maybe changing it a bit.

Leatho Shellhound

click the banner

Flandor

I'm not a fan of dragon stories but I wanted to say I'm always happy to see lots of people working on creative writing projects! It's definitely a good thing :)
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Rusvul

celestia is an awesome name, i dont care if its a pony name. its not childish at all! (sorry pony fans, no offense meant ;))

Leatho Shellhound

Yes...I mean if you didn't take the name from them...as you said you didn't then you are more than welcome to use it...And how many My Little Pony Friendship is Magic people are going to read a dragon book any way.

click the banner

Dawnwing

Heheh, thanks xD
Still, though, I wouldn't want to use a name that's the same as a major character from anything else, because everyone would think of the original thing.  Especially since the audience of MLP:FiM isn't just children; it's got a huge fanbase online of teens and college students and even older, most of them male.  That's okay, though, anyway, since I've come up with some other names I think I'd use instead since then.

Leatho Shellhound

click the banner

Wisteria Wild Cat

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on July 26, 2012, 09:39:39 PM
Yes...I mean if you didn't take the name from them...as you said you didn't then you are more than welcome to use it...And how many My Little Pony Friendship is Magic people are going to read a dragon book any way.

I'm a My Little Pony person and I enjoy dragon books. No offense, but don't be so biased about the MLP FIM fans.

Back on topic, I'm writing a book with a few dragons in it. The dragon's name is Alptraum and he's pretty big, with black scales the size of dinner plates. His back is lined with spikes. The spikes have no feeling so they can be trimmed easily, which his are. The spikes also surround his long, whip-like tail. He has long, but strong limbs all around the same length. His neck is relatively long and has short spikes cresting it. He has a long but wide snout with the tips of his knife-like teeth sticking out. He has a somewhat pronounced forehead with orange-red eyes, with cat-like pupils. His wings are long, and very tough. He breathes fire and is very protective of his master.
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Redwallfan7

Just because Wisteria is a My Little Pony fan, she could choose to read a Dragon book if she wants to. I may not be so crazy about My Little Pony, but if one of our members on here likes it, more power to them.  Everyone has their thing.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on July 28, 2012, 10:34:56 PM
Just because Wisteria is a My Little Pony fan, she could choose to read a Dragon book if she wants to. I may not be so crazy about My Little Pony, but if one of our members on here likes it, more power to them.  Everyone has their thing.

Ok I wrong.....I just wouldn't normally put them together. Shows you how little I know about MLP fans.

click the banner

Rusvul

hahahaha, my favorite composer, the one in my signature, is a "brony", half the songs he writes are pony songs. the other half are redwall songs. i think any redwall-pony (wisteria wild cat) fans would love his music. and anyone who likes epic music.