News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Martin the Warrior: The book.

Started by martins#1fan, July 02, 2011, 08:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martins#1fan

I always wondered what kind of animal Badrang was.
What was he?
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Galedeep

DanielofRedwall

Yep, he was a stoat. Martin the Warrior is my favourite book in the series.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

I really liked Martin the Warrior, but it was a bit sad. Otherwise, it was OK. The acting troupe was good.  ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I'd consider it one of the more tragic, but it was an amazingly awesome brilliant work, I loved this book.

Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

daskar666

Post unposted.

Tiria Wildlough

I am jsut watching a YouTube video of Martin the Warrior, and I'm up to teh bit where Rose wards off all those gulls.
;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Osu

Don't hit me, anyone, but Martin the Warrior is one of my least favorite books. I have a hard time staying interested long enough to finish it for some reason. Can't imagine why.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Wydran Riverpaw

Yes Badrang was a stoat, but in the TV series he didn't look like a real stoat at all! He looked almost like a wolf. Kinda strange...

Martin the Warrior was actually the first Redwall book I read. I decided to read the books in chronological order (now I know I should have read them in publication order) but when I tried to read Lord Brocktree, I got confused by the introduction so I skipped right to Martin the Warrior.

I really enjoyed it, but the ending was so sad... :'(

martins#1fan

Osu

Yeah! It looks just like a weasel to me, though. Here's the wikipedia page on 'em - I know, I know, never trust wikipedia, but it's something.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoat
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

sabretache5611

Quote from: Osu on July 04, 2011, 04:17:26 PM
Don't hit me, anyone, but Martin the Warrior is one of my least favorite books. I have a hard time staying interested long enough to finish it for some reason. Can't imagine why.
i can't imagine why you are disinterested, but yeah i get it.  some books of Redwall i like more than others and other I find...well...not so good.  martin the warrior was the first redwall book i ever read and while i found it a little long winded at the time, i liked the plot and the action.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

martins#1fan

What? how can it be????!!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Maybe because it had only one hare/rabbit in it?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

martins#1fan