News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Warriors

Started by Rainshadow, July 25, 2012, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Warriors series is your favorite?

Warriors
5 (55.6%)
The New Prophecy
0 (0%)
The Power of Three
0 (0%)
Omen of the Stars
1 (11.1%)
Dawn of the Clans
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Mattio

We're those real names?

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Dawnwing on January 03, 2013, 02:34:39 AM
Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on January 02, 2013, 10:17:02 PM
Have any of you guys heard of really, really bad names for warriors? Like Inkstar or Storybookpaw. o.O

The official forum's member list is a good place to find bad ones.  Just looking randomly through, here's a bunch:  Alphaheart, Amethystmoon, Andyfire, Angelpelt,  Bellystar, Bluetsubasa, Cerisesparkle, Cherokeepelt, Dragonheart, Rockettail, Puritylight, Psychoticstar, Prismcrystal, Phoenixstorm, Pearlglitter, Digipaw, Iodinestar... 
Iodinestar? Seriously? XD
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dawnwing

Quote from: Mattio on January 03, 2013, 07:14:22 PM
We're those real names?
Yup, those are actual usernames people have on the official Warriors forum.

Tiria Wildlough

I understand if it's a username, but why would you name a roleplay character something like that? I've seen some completely whacky RP names on warriorcatsrpg.com. I just don't get that...
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

I still just can't get over Iodinestar and Psychoticstar.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dawnwing

Speaking of strange RP character names, I saw one named Kringkit today.  Is "kring" some species of bird or something, or just a word they made up?  Dictionary.com doesn't have any results.  xD

Mattio

I have no idea but wheneevr i do anything with warriors my name is always stormclaw

Tiria Wildlough

That's cool. ^^

Quote from: WarriorOfMossflower on December 17, 2012, 11:48:50 PM
I like Warriors, but in the later series I began to get the feeling that it was being written for money. Plus I'm still upset for what they did to Firestar...and I'll leave it at that to avoid spoilers for those who don't know.
Am I the only one who doesn't care whether some of the books were written for money or not? As long as there are more Warriors books, and they're not too badly written, I'll be happy. ;D
And I think that when you say 'what they did to Firestar' it's pretty obvious what happened to Firestar, and you should probably use spoiler tags.
I'm not a hipster.

Dawnwing

As far as the written-for-money thing, I'm more annoyed at HarperCollins than the authors.  The authors have always been pretty interactive with their fans online, and it's clear they genuinely like enjoy writing the books for us.  However, I feel that the books would be better quality if they were given more time and not pressured with such short deadines.  They really were just writing as they went during the last two series, rather than having a detailed plan - for example, they didn't decide until about the third or fourth book in Power of Three that
Sunrise
Hollyleaf doesn't have a power, simply because they couldn't think of one that fit her.
[close]
Which is part of the reason the "Power of Three" prophecy took two series to solve.  They were also weren't going to do a fifth series until HarperCollins told them that they wanted them to write a fifth.  I almost think that having a prequel is their way of saying "enough", rather than following Firestar's bloodline yet again.  Then there's the mangas, which are priced about the same as a regular-length manga volume even though they're much shorter, and they're trilogies, so you have to spend more than a Super Edition to get the whole thing.  And there were the ebook-exclusives, which really ticked fans off until months later they finally announced that they're going to put them into print this summer (I wonder if I had a hand in that - I did a huge survey on several Warriors fansites and sent it to HarperCollins with a long persuasive email.)  And then there's the whole Survivors thing which I talked about on this thread and I'm not going to go into again.  (I read the first book by the way, it was okay but I would have enjoyed it more if I were younger, and it didn't seem like an "Erin Hunter" book, it would have been better to print it under a new name.)  

Annoyed as I am by the publisher, I have nothing against the authors and still enjoy the stories since they still enjoy writing them.

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, I don't think I'll read Survivors because I don't like dogs.
I'm not a hipster.

321tumbler

I haven't read them, but I will after I reread LOTR and Narnia.

Slagar Mc Muffin

Quote from: Rainshadow on September 08, 2012, 09:17:08 PM
  I don't believe that Jaypaw was very annoying.  I felt sorry for him, not because he was blind, but because others pitied him and tried to take care of him when he didn't want them to. 

i totally agree with you! i hate the way they tread him like a kitten sometimes because it makes me think of one of my best friends who always sit next to me in the lessons: she´s blind,but thats o.k. for her,she can do anything the others can in the lesson,but our teacher always "helps" her against her wanting >:(

i favor the first series, because their more natural,im sometimes a bit confused of all that supernatural stuff ( rebirth,dark forrest cats etc) in the later series...

please feed my kitty- thank you!
A lovely message to all the haters in the world : Keep your awesomely big nose into your own buisness!  sincerely,amy ^^

Tiria Wildlough

I didn't really like Jayfeather. He was too grumpy and emo.
EDIT: I found Yellowfang!

I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

That totally looks like Yellowfang!  Well, that cat could be a little more dirty, but other than that, it's Yellowfang!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Skipper

I'm confused. I've been thinking about this for awhile and remembered this topic.
SecondSeries
How come Firestar and Cloudtail don't say goodbye to Princess?
[close]