News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Horse Riding

Started by Rainshadow, July 25, 2012, 05:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

If you do find a place to ride, you should try a dressage saddle.  Trust me, they're much more comfortable than western saddles.  Western saddles feel like you're riding on a block of wood to me.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rainshadow

REVIVE!

For those of you who haven't heard (I'm not sure how that's possible!), my dear friend, Chester, died Saturday morning.  Chester, I will miss you!

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 22, 2012, 10:42:50 PM
  REVIVE!

For those of you who haven't heard (I'm not sure how that's possible!), my dear friend, Chester, died Saturday morning.  Chester, I will miss you!

sorry for your loss!
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Thanks. :)  He'll be missed, but I've heard that my teacher was possibly getting a horse donated.  Though it won't be Chester, we still need another horse to replace his position!

BrookSkimmer

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Chester... that is so sad. I wish horses lived longer.

I've been riding since I was very young. That makes almost 20 years of experience now. Mostly english (jumping, cross country, dressage) but also some western.

Horses are absolutely great! They make me feel calm, they are so good for people to work with, and they are just beautiful. My favorite breed are all warmblood breeds (mostly out of Germany) my favorite of these would be Oldenburgh and Trekehner.

I'm currently volunteering at a ranch called Rocking Horse Ranch. They rescue horses and do all kinds of disabled riding programs. I train one of their dressage horses (they also train horses for show riding). HIs name is Rocky. He's 17'3 hand and really great! I'll see if I can find a good pic...

There we go. Rocky the wonder horse. Well, not really. But he is pretty great. He jumps and does awesome dressage!

Dreamer

Yes I ride and show horses. I own one to. Her name is belle.
~Dreamer~

Rainshadow

Wow, he's beautiful!  How old is Rocky?  And Dreamer, you're lucky!  I don't own a horse (yet).

Coobreedan

I would sing Gangnam Style if I was on a horse. 8)
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

BrookSkimmer

Yeah but he never rides the horses... just dances oddly around them...

Rocky is around 8 years old.

Ungatt Trunn

My younger sister LOVES Horseback riding. Me, I don't really give it much thought...

Life is too short to rush through it.

MarielGullwhacker

I LOVE HORSES!! I used to own a horse with 3 of my friends...really! We each owned a "hoof" and we shared the expenses. "Hank" was our horse's name, and he was a quarter horse, and could jump over the moon!  :D

Leatho Shellhound

I love ridding too. I really like horses. I don't have many chances to ride them though. But when I do, I ride them well, I guess I'm a natural.  8)
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Maudie

I've never used the reins before, but I have sat on the horse's back while my brother led her.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Russano the Wise

I've ridden a horse a couple of times before. One of my friends owns several horses and sometimes I go riding on one of them. I also rode horse at a wilderness camp last year. It was a lot of fun but my bottom really hurt afterwords. If I remember correctly the horse that I rode was named Rosie.
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

KitrallStreamrippler

I LOVE horses, but definitely have a healthy respect for them. Actually, I worked with the horse program at a Boy Scout camp for several weeks the past few summers. (Had I been a Boy Scout, I would have gotten a merit badge, because I had to take and pass the horsemanship course before I could do anything.)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!