News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Lucid Dreams

Started by W0NWILL, July 30, 2012, 08:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 31, 2012, 10:22:18 PM
Sometimes when I do something fun in a dream, I think, 'Let's do that again', and I do it. Does that count?
No, not necessarily.
Quote from: W0NWILL on August 01, 2012, 01:22:53 AM
I don't think so, but I'm anything but an expert on lucid dreaming, but I've read that you need to be aware that your dreaming.
I am an expert at lucid dreaming. It's not hard.

Rainshadow

I had a dream last night where I was aware that I was dreaming, but I couldn't control what I was doing.  But I could hear my fan that's in my room in the background.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: MatthiasMan on August 01, 2012, 01:58:46 AM
Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 31, 2012, 10:22:18 PM
Sometimes when I do something fun in a dream, I think, 'Let's do that again', and I do it. Does that count?
No, not necessarily.
Darn it.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

MatthiasMan

Tiria if you want to lucid dream, think of it this way. Something in a dream is weird. Correct? You don't realize it's weird until you wake up, right? So focus hard on what's weird in your dream and you'll realize that it isn't possible and that is a dream. It's how I do it.

W0NWILL

Right now I have an A on the back of my hand, I might get so used to seeing it there that something will tick if I don't see it in my dream and realize that I'm dreaming. That or it got rinsed off :D

Rainshadow

There was one thing that I know is weird but when I dreamed it I didn't even notice it.  I looked at a clock in a dream and it said 3 something AM, then when I looked again it said 1 something AM.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

I was able to have a lucid dream last night! I was at a theme park with my brother and sister, and I ordered what I wanted off of a concession menu. I also told them I wanted to go on a tilt a whirl ride, but I woke up before we could go on.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

MatthiasMan

Did you realize you were in the dream?

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tannsrall

Quote from: Rainshadow on August 01, 2012, 05:35:10 PM
  There was one thing that I know is weird but when I dreamed
it I didn't even notice it.  I looked at a clock in a dream and it said 3 something AM, then when I looked again it said 1 something AM.
I did something like that monday,I looked at the clock when I woke up and it said 4:34 so I went back sleep and I woke up again it was only 2:13am.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Rainshadow

Quote from: Tannsrall on August 02, 2012, 01:54:53 AM
Quote from: Rainshadow on August 01, 2012, 05:35:10 PM
  There was one thing that I know is weird but when I dreamed
it I didn't even notice it.  I looked at a clock in a dream and it said 3 something AM, then when I looked again it said 1 something AM.
I did something like that monday,I looked at the clock when I woke up and it said 4:34 so I went back sleep and I woke up again it was only 2:13am.

Interesting.

Rusvul

i have never had one. not sure i want to. suppose i get a million dollars, then i wake up and i dont have that million dollars. then i'm sad because i dont have a million dollars.

MatthiasMan

Well that's tge downside of dreams. But I love to dream with another person. I've had lucid dreams I can't put up on here. Sorry.

Dawnwing

I had a lucid dream last night!  First one in about two years.  I'd been dreaming that it was final exams day, but that I'd only been to this psychology class like twice and hadn't read the book or anything.  The bulk of the dream was spent trying to read the book really fast and eventually I just gave up and went to school.  Then I realized - it's the middle of August, so what the heck class am I taking that would have exams now; the other book I saw on my list of textbooks to turn in, was for a class I've already taken, which didn't have a textbook; and that I have never, in fact, taken a psychology class.   So I realized I must be dreaming, and decided that I wanted to dream about Skyrim.  So I actually changed it to a Skyrim dream (like, one where I was *in* the world and not just playing the game).  I started exploring but got woken up before being able to do too much, but anyway, that's the first lucid dream I've ever had where I actually changed the entire dream - most of the time it's just being able to change the current dream (like giving myself superpowers) or rewinding a dream (if I don't like how something turned out, I'll start it over at a certain point and try again).  So I was pretty pleased with that.

MatthiasMan

Impressive Dawnwing! Changing a scene in a dream is very difficult to do. But you know, the scene changes really fast because your mind functions more quickly in dreams. That's why the place you changed it too came around so fast. That's really good Dawn. In my lucid dreams I actually force myself to see this person. Very pleasant dreaming.