News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Favorite characters outside of the Redwall series

Started by Redwallfan7, August 02, 2012, 10:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

Captain Jack Sparrow - Pirates of the Caribbean

Inigo Montoya - Princess Bride (My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.)

Dawnwing

There's so many I like from all different places!  I think the only character I truly wish could be real and that I wish I could meet, though, would be the main character, Savannah, from the Savannah Reid Mysteries (a chick-lit mystery series nobody has heard of).  She's like an awesome big sister to everyone, loves to cook/eat (and loves herself, no matter if people try to insult her about her size), and shares a lot of traits with me, such as being NOT a morning person.  I think if she were real we'd get along pretty well.  xD

Lutra

Funny how everyone stated their favorite characters, but didn't bother to say why they liked them.  Surely there's reasons why you like these characters. ;)

I'm only going to write a few:

Watership Down: Hazel (book, film, tv show) - he has impressive leadership skills that would make any follower like him, and support him, even if he seems to not always know the best plan of action, he's honest and loyal to his group

Watership Down: Hawkbit (tv show) - some of the driest humor in the show comes from this guy who didn't have much of a  role in the book, save being a little stupid; here he's a sarcastic pessimist, but he gets kudos for some of the best one liners in the show  ("Yes Strawberry has big adjustments to make--like learning to stay awake during the day."  "Follow Hazel and Fiver, see the world, drown.")

Chip and Dale (classic shorts, Rescue Rangers) - these two are cynical in their early shorts--always causing trouble for Donald, Pluto, Mickey--that made them some of the biggest antagonists of the cartoon world; when they were re-incarnated for Rescue Rangers in the 1980s their personalities changed--Chip now serious, Dale the carefree lifestyle.  They both had important roles in keeping the crime solving group together.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

Lutra, I do know why I like some characters I like, here are a few reasons:

Alex Russo (Awesome sarcastic wizard)

(I said I liked Susan in the start, although I really enjoy all four Pevensie siblings, because of how they all grow and develop from the first Narnia  movie to the second.) Also it's cool to see how their relationships with each other play out through the movies)

Zack Morris  ( from Saved by the Bell)  (awesome, crafty, and mischievous)

Freddie and Carly from icarly
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

Here's why I like mine...

Dani - Halfway to the Sky. I like her because she's one of the dying breed of book characters who is actually believable.

Firepaw/heart/star - Warriors Firestar is just awesome. He refused to be beaten down when others treated him badly because he used to be a kittypet, and that's why I like him.

Bluestar - Warriors Bluestar is in my opinion the best leader in Warriors. She gave up her kits because she thought it was best for the clan, and did lots of other stuff which I'm too lazy to remember, but anyway, she was awesome.

Coryn - Guardians of Ga'hoole Coryn is an awesome example of a character who was born 'evil' and turned good.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Flandor

Hm reasons...

Remus J. Lupin (Harry Potter) - I suppose the main reason I really like Lupin is he reminded me of me.  He has a hard time standing up for himself and is generally shy, and loves quiet and reading books.  He is discriminated against for being something he can't control, and that resonates with me.  He's a good guy in the books, always giving people a chance and facing everything with a calm demeanor and good-natured sense of humor.  He never speaks harshly or cruelly, even to people who treat him poorly.  That all makes him very admirable to me :)

Ripred (the Underland Chronicles) - this guy is awesome.  He's a rat (larger than a human being, in the Underland world), and is a very gray character.  His true intentions don't become clear until later in the series.  He ends up bringing an era of peace to the war-torn land, forming a truce between rats and humans that hasn't existed for hundreds of years.  He is battle-scarred, gruff, and cranky, yet he finds a soft-spot for certain children and can be quite good-natured.  He's extremely intelligent and thoughtful.  He was just a really cool character, and I always enjoyed reading about him.

Nightcralwe/Kurt Wagner (X-Men) - One of my all time favorite characters from anything.  Kurt is so cool.  He's an acrobat, fencer, and a good-natured and funny individual.  He takes all things in stride and is kind to just about everyone.  He has an awesome German accent and loves old Errol Flynn films.  Did I mention he looks like a blue devil and can teleport? I just love this guy.  I have all of his solo comics, and there's definitely a reason he is one of the most popular X-Men.  I appreciate that he is not all-powerful, isn't cranky or angsty, and is actually nice to people, unlike many, many superheroes.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Lutra

I'm not saying people don't know why they like a character, just forcing the issue to make people write more than a basic post.  Actually explaining why you like the character is much harder to do. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

White One6193

"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

MatthiasMan

Quote from: W0NWILL on August 04, 2012, 05:21:46 PM
Inigo Montoya - Princess Bride (My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.)
Omgosh I love that movie.

"AAAss youuuu wiiiiiiiiiisshh!"  *Falling down a mountain thing*

Nightfire

Well, first there's Hookfang from How To Train Your Dragon. Don't know why I like her really.

Then there is Samus Aran, of course. One of the best bounty hunters out there. I always liked her because she's proof that you can rise above your circumstances.

And then there's Boba Fett. Don't like him much in the Return of the Jedi, but he's really cool in Legacy of the Force because he starts to learn what it takes to be part of a family. I tend to be very family-oriented, and I liked him because of that.

But, of course, we can't forget one of the best characters that I love: Megamind! He's so funny and charismatic, always trying to be the villain when we all know that he's lovable and kind on the inside.

And Flynn Rider, mainly because he's so random with some of his comments. I loved how he 'failed' to freak out when Rapunzel showed him what her hair could do.:

And Pascal! He's awesome! Why? Because he's awesome!

Yes, I have a lot of favorite characters! :D I could go on, but that'd just bore you, so I'll wait until another time.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwallfan7

I also really like Hobbes from Calvin and Hobbes
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Gingivere Greeneyes

(While some of these are from Watership down they will be based off the tv show, because I haven't seen the film or read the book.)

WATERSHIP DOWN

Keehar-I really liked this gull, always trying to help out but more than often messing up. He was also quite funny at times, and I loved his fight scenes.

Fiver-I don't really know what makes me like him, I suppose he's a bit like me in a way.

Pipkin-Adorable and hilarious. 'Nuff said.

THE ANIMALS OF FARTHING WOOD

Badger-The wiset and kindest character in both the books and the show.

Adder-In the show she's definently the most complex character, desperately wanting to put on a tough exterior, but really cares about the safety of the party. Even the ones she barley talks to like Pheasent and the fieldmice.

DISNEY

Shere Khan-Sauve, smart and strong. Brilliant!

Bagheera-Really liked his character in the film. Not sure why though. :-\

Rex and Tantor-Both paranoid gentle giants whom I love. (Random fact; Tantor and Bagheera were my RP characters for an old Disney RP website I was on!)

Zazu-same reasons as Bagheera.

HARRY POTTER

Dumbledore-Really enjoyable character!

Hagrid-^
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

Flicka115

Link (Legend of Zelda)

Bleach:
Ichigo Kurosaki
Renji Abarai
Toushiro Hitsugaya
Kisuke Urahara
Yoruichi Shihouin
Kenpachi Zaraki
Ikkaku Madarame
Yumichika Ayasegawa
Yachiru Kusajishi
Jushiro Ukitake
Shunsui Kyoraku
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez

Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Ezio Auditore da Firenze (Assassins Creed)

Princess Bride:
Inigo Montoya
Westley

Robin Hood (Men in Tights)

Shigure Sohma (Fruits Basket)

Among others

UNKN0WN

Capt. Barbossa, Captain Jack Sparrow, Inigo Montoya, Gandolf, Edmond, and ... Jesus (from Passion of the Christ)  :)

Tiria Wildlough

I also like Max and Nudge from Maximum Ride. Max is a good example of how someone can have cool powers and not be too perfect, and I like Nudge because she's a lot like me. :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.